Kyleb Howell (LB) Walk-on

djohnnie

isn't our LB coach one of the better recruiters? Why do we have so many walk on MLB and WLB???  I know a lot of those guys can contribute on special teams, but man... we need some help on the actual defense. I think our top 2 lbs are decent but there is little proven ability behind them rn. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Looking forward to the second coming of *Joe Greene and/or Booger to walk on as well.  

Down the corridor of years. I've observed that the LB's and DB's are much more successful when you have someone stuffing the run and making the QB run for his life......all the while screaming like an 8 year old girl. 

* I would also take the second coming of Walter Chapman or Rex Johnson. 

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 2
  • Haha 1

NT always looks better after the glare from the lights on National Signing Day has been turned down.  A short five minute drive home beats a 3 hour airplane trip.  Oh, and invite all your friends and coaches to watch.  Much easier now.  

Welcome home.

GO MEAN GEEEN

Edited by greenjoe
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, MeanGreen13 said:

isn't our LB coach one of the better recruiters? Why do we have so many walk on MLB and WLB???  I know a lot of those guys can contribute on special teams, but man... we need some help on the actual defense. I think our top 2 lbs are decent but there is little proven ability behind them rn. 

We signed 4 LBs a few weeks ago.

• Upvote 1

• All About UNT changed the title to Kyleb Howell (LB) Walk-on
2 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Scouting report?

Nose for the football, loves the weight room his father is a strength and conditioning coach.  Father played at Hardin, older brother played at Hardin he went there as a family thing.  Little brother is going to Auburn for Baseball.  Very athletically drive family.  I can see him contributing next year at least as a special teams player.  He loves contact.

I think he is better than McDonald the LB kid that just graduated.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 5

Kid made me a friendly coach/player wager as an incoming 8th grader, that he'd clean 185 before end of his 8th grade year.  He didn't quite make it but wasn't incredibly close, and I won. But really he won bc I was 100% bought in on the kids work ethic by the end of his 8th grade year.   I'd love to see him on the field repping UNT and making plays. 

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

• 1 year later...