CUSA BASKETBALL TOURNAMENT

KRAM1

Just some head's up info regarding this year's CUSA Basketball Tournament.  As everyone is pretty much aware, the tournament will be help in Frisco at the Star this year.  That is fantastic news for UNT fans for certain, but, it does come with some caveats. The biggest being, that if we want the tournament to remain local, UNT needs to show up BIG TIME!  That means in both rears in the seats and in ticket sales.  As I understand it, our ticket "guarantee" is around $38,000.00.  Looks like a big number, but it is definitely doable for UNT fans...and then some.

Some specifics:

Tournament Dates:  March 7-10, 2018

Tickets:  ALL general admission...and, at this point two levels...general seating $125.00 and Premium seating $180.00 per ticket.  If you look at the UNT Ticket Office site on Ticketmaster you can see the court configuration.  There will be two courts at the Star turned perpendicular to the current seating for football.  The $125.00 tickets appear to be in the "football" seating area while the premium are courtside.  Looks as if only one side of each court will have seating (all this from a view of the Ticketmaster site).  I have been told that the premium tickets will allow one to watch any game at any time and all games throughout the tournament. This would include both men's and women's games.  The $125.00 will not allow this all-access, and will be more "game specific".  I have no clue if that is exactly true nor how the "game specific" would work.  Just passing on info as I have it at this point in time.

PLEASE FOLKS...if you are looking to purchase tickets to the CUSA Tournament, it is important that you purchase through the UNT site IF we want to try to keep this tournament in Frisco for a few years to come.  I believe the current contract is for two years only at the Star.  With UNT's partnership with the Cowboys and with UNT pretty much hosting these games along with The Star and CUSA, it would be great to see UNT fans come out in big numbers to support the tournament and both its men's and women's teams.

If anyone has any additional or updated info, please post it here as a central CUSA BB Tournament Thread.  Might help everyone to just have a central place for "one-stop CUSA shopping".

And, yes, I ordered my two Premium level CUSA tickets today on-line through the UNT ticket site on Ticketmaster.  Easy...no problems at all.  Hope to see a big MEAN GREEN turnout at this year's tournament.  Would help to get some high seeds of course.  So, come on men, come on ladies!!!

• Upvote 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Matt from A700 said:

Yikes, I hope the $125.00 is not game-specific. That is not going to convince any students to make the drive over.

I live in McKinney now, but that's still too pricey in my opinion. This conference better be sending at least four teams to the Big Dance for that price...

That is for the whole tourney, session tickets will be probably available.  However, I have no idea what the capacity of the tournament venus is, so that could be a problem for NT games.

3 hours ago, Matt from A700 said:

Yikes, I hope the $125.00 is not game-specific. That is not going to convince any students to make the drive over.

I live in McKinney now, but that's still too pricey in my opinion. This conference better be sending at least four teams to the Big Dance for that price...

Students have a much lower price.  They will be good to go. 

What level do you think is OK alumni and fans for full tournament access if $125.00 is too high?

One can certainly call the UNT Ticket Office for a better read on the access thing between ticket levels.  Only difference might be seating location...like I said, not  100% certain on that at this point.  

• Downvote 2

3 hours ago, KRAM1 said:

Students have a much lower price.  They will be good to go. 

What level do you think is OK alumni and fans for full tournament access if $125.00 is too high?

One can certainly call the UNT Ticket Office for a better read on the access thing between ticket levels.  Only difference might be seating location...like I said, not  100% certain on that at this point.  

That is good to know.

And I would pay $125 for full tournament access, but I was just going off the original post. Game-specific for 125 is too much.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Matt from A700 said:

It's for the whole tournament. 

1 hour ago, RiseUNT said:

125 is good for a tournament pass. However after 5 years of the coach only needing one suit it will be hard for me to buy more than a one game pass.

Understand. And can't tell someone else how to spend their money. But this is a make a break year as far as the tournament being here. It's always been on on campuses before, usually UTEP or UAB. I've been to both of those locations. With the upward trajectory of our teams, we need to support this tournament knowing that it being successful means it stays here and gives us an advantage of years to come. If UNT fans don't come out strong, can't imagine anyone else's fans pick up the slack. Maybe LaTech? 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 1:35 PM, KRAM1 said:

Just some head's up info regarding this year's CUSA Basketball Tournament.  As everyone is pretty much aware, the tournament will be help in Frisco at the Star this year.  That is fantastic news for UNT fans for certain, but, it does come with some caveats. The biggest being, that if we want the tournament to remain local, UNT needs to show up BIG TIME!  That means in both rears in the seats and in ticket sales.  As I understand it, our ticket "guarantee" is around $38,000.00.  Looks like a big number, but it is definitely doable for UNT fans...and then some.

Some specifics:

Tournament Dates:  March 7-10, 2018

Tickets:  ALL general admission...and, at this point two levels...general seating $125.00 and Premium seating $180.00 per ticket.  If you look at the UNT Ticket Office site on Ticketmaster you can see the court configuration.  There will be two courts at the Star turned perpendicular to the current seating for football.  The $125.00 tickets appear to be in the "football" seating area while the premium are courtside.  Looks as if only one side of each court will have seating (all this from a view of the Ticketmaster site).  I have been told that the premium tickets will allow one to watch any game at any time and all games throughout the tournament. This would include both men's and women's games.  The $125.00 will not allow this all-access, and will be more "game specific".  I have no clue if that is exactly true nor how the "game specific" would work.  Just passing on info as I have it at this point in time.

PLEASE FOLKS...if you are looking to purchase tickets to the CUSA Tournament, it is important that you purchase through the UNT site IF we want to try to keep this tournament in Frisco for a few years to come.  I believe the current contract is for two years only at the Star.  With UNT's partnership with the Cowboys and with UNT pretty much hosting these games along with The Star and CUSA, it would be great to see UNT fans come out in big numbers to support the tournament and both its men's and women's teams.

If anyone has any additional or updated info, please post it here as a central CUSA BB Tournament Thread.  Might help everyone to just have a central place for "one-stop CUSA shopping".

And, yes, I ordered my two Premium level CUSA tickets today on-line through the UNT ticket site on Ticketmaster.  Easy...no problems at all.  Hope to see a big MEAN GREEN turnout at this year's tournament.  Would help to get some high seeds of course.  So, come on men, come on ladies!!!

Got my 2 premium seats as well!!!!

The cost is for the whole tournament, for both Men and Women's.  Not so high when you see what all you are getting....

• Thanks 1

$125 for 22 games comes down to about $5.60/game if you were to try to go to every game. Even if you only went to half the games since two games are played at the same time the first two days, it's still about $10/game for four days of basketball. I'm sure they will sell single game tickets as well.

EDIT: Also here is the court layout. I used this when determining what seats I wanted to purchase (area in purple).

85156.jpg

Edited by UNTFan23
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

22 hours ago, UNTFan23 said:

$125 for 22 games comes down to about $5.60/game if you were to try to go to every game. Even if you only went to half the games since two games are played at the same time the first two days, it's still about $10/game for four days of basketball. I'm sure they will sell single game tickets as well.

EDIT: Also here is the court layout. I used this when determining what seats I wanted to purchase (area in purple).

85156.jpg

That seating configuration seems really odd with the majority of the seats in the "end zone" area.

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

That seating configuration seems really odd with the majority of the seats in the "end zone" area.

Yeah, that's weird.  I wonder if they can repaint the court for a more traditional orientation, once they get into the semis and they don't have to cram so many games? I have no idea what the inside of that venue is like.