President prefers Norwegian immigrants

His wording was wrong for sure.  However, how long can we take poor and uneducated people into out country.  The tax payers are given more of a burden to carry.  We are currently living on borrowed money and it is getting worse.  As for his comment I have visited some cities and towns in the USA that thought were S--- holes. Never said to anyone but I am guilty of thinking it and would say the place(s) are dumps. Not sure if one is better then the other because to me they mean the same thing. I think Banana republic is saying the same thing.

Edited by southsideguy
  • Upvote 4

52 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

...how long can we take poor and uneducated people into out country.  

Remember when the Irish were the poor & uneducated people that we took in?  They did the hard, dirty work that Americans didn't want to do.  Now people of Irish ancestry are simply part of American society.  Today, in my own part of Texas, Sudanese are coming & doing the work that others don't want to do (e.g., working in the slaughterhouses).  It's dirty but necessary work.  Their children are going to our schools and will be integrated into our society.  We need those poor & uneducated people & we best hope they always want to come to America.

Edited by GTWT
  • Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, GTWT said:

Remember when the Irish were the poor & uneducated people that we took in?  They did the hard, dirty work that Americans didn't want to do.  Now people of Irish ancestry are simply part of American society.  Today, in my own part of Texas, Sudanese are coming & doing the work that others don't want to do (e.g., working in the slaughterhouses).  It's dirty but necessary work.  Their children are going to our schools and will be integrated into our society.  We need those poor & uneducated people & we best hope they always want to come to America.

how some people's memories are so selective is beyond my ability to comprehend.  Remember when this guy emigrated over with no job...no understanding of English...no education....no desire to be conscripted and serve his country... no desire to pay taxes....no physical ability to work hard labor like his brothers and sisters (also uneducated grape-pickers)?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frederick_Trump

I dont know where the work that americans wont do crap comes from.  I worked as some pretty bad jobs in my lifetime.  I did them because I had a wife and child to take care off.  My father always told me that no one is to good for job, they just some think they are.  My father worked as Janitor and my mother was sales clerk in retail store.  

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, All About UNT said:

Yeah remember when Obama used Dijon mustard and wore a tan suit? So unpresidential. Also remember when he was born in Kenya? Oh and his wife had strong arms and she dared to show them off? Remember when a half-black guy dared to be in the White House?

4 hours ago, All About UNT said:

oh....and that's not a thing.

I would have to say that your comments are not particularly administerial.

The Eagles' Nest appears to be more toxic than ever.  @Harry, IMO, this armpit of the board is a detriment to fan unity.

Edited by Mean Green 93-98
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 3

1 hour ago, southsideguy said:

I dont know where the work that americans wont do crap comes from.  I worked as some pretty bad jobs in my lifetime.  I did them because I had a wife and child to take care off.  My father always told me that no one is to good for job, they just some think they are.  My father worked as Janitor and my mother was sales clerk in retail store.  

Have you ever dipped sheep?

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

Welcome to Leftist-ran Orange County California. 

Rick

Wrong. From the easily searchable internet thingy called Wikipedia: "It is also known for its political conservatism—a 2005 academic study listed three Orange County cities as among America's 25 most conservative, making it one of two counties in the United States containing more than one such city (Maricopa County, Arizona also had three cities on the list.[10]) Orange County is part of the Tech Coast."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orange_County,_California

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Shuke-D said:

Wrong. From the easily searchable internet thingy called Wikipedia: "It is also known for its political conservatism—a 2005 academic study listed three Orange County cities as among America's 25 most conservative, making it one of two counties in the United States containing more than one such city (Maricopa County, Arizona also had three cities on the list.[10]) Orange County is part of the Tech Coast."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orange_County,_California

It's not 2005.

IMG_4259.PNG.e5e8d1074539ce67d2eda00ce4acd60d.PNG

Rick

1 minute ago, FirefightnRick said:

It's not 2005.

IMG_4259.PNG.e5e8d1074539ce67d2eda00ce4acd60d.PNG

Rick

Agreed. It is logically-specious to imply causal relations between broad macro-economic phenomena and a specific voting record in a single election. Unless you mean to imply that the entire homeless population here has been created in the last year and not indicative of larger, longer social trends that go beyond something as arbitrary as a county line. There has long been great income-inequality in California, and coastal cities endure large homeless populations because the weather is so mild year-round (a joke we tell out here: "What's the easiest job in America? Meteorologist in San Diego. Just memorize 'There'll be a high of 74 today and a low of 60 tonight.' Repeat 365 times each year."). 

Or do you believe that Orange County is more liberal, right now at this moment, than other counties in California that do not have this type of homeless population? 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Shuke-D said:

Or do you believe that Orange County is more liberal, right now at this moment, than other counties in California that do not have this type of homeless population? 

Not sure liberal has anything to do with it.  More like a combination of leftist policies and ideas that started out with good intentions gone bad.

Here's an article that explains it a bit better in what led the City of Anaheim to declare a "State of Emergency" last September.

https://www.americamagazine.org/politics-society/2017/09/18/tent-city-usa-southern-californias-homelessness-crisis

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Downvote 1

31 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

Not sure liberal has anything to do with it.  More like a combination of leftist policies and ideas that started out with good intentions gone bad.

Here's an article that explains it a bit better in what led the City of Anaheim to declare a "State of Emergency" last September.

https://www.americamagazine.org/politics-society/2017/09/18/tent-city-usa-southern-californias-homelessness-crisis

Rick

Fair enough. I now see that I misunderstood your original post that read: "Welcome to Leftist-ran Orange County California." I interpreted that as blaming a particular side of the political spectrum for a very distressing social problem. But since you posted a link to America Magazine (I'm Catholic and have a subscription), I now see that you were not intending to belittle those that have the least among us as part of a partisan argument. My apologies. Thanks for your concern. I volunteer with a group out here that works with one of these communities. It's really tragic to see the effects of addiction, mental illness, and economic despair. That is perhaps why I initially responded. Again, sorry I misunderstood your point. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, GTWT said:

Midland has gotten several people from Myanmar (Burma) ....  one ethic group there is having a terrible time and being killed off. Several churches here are helping them and supporting them at the beginning. .... Again they are taking jobs most people don't want and the best may be stocking grocery shelves at night. ( see some as custodial positions too) --- Unemployment here is 2.6% and that is a job hard to fill..... too few people want those hours and maybe not the pay.  ---- Immigrants usually happen because of two big reasons.  ..... one is political/racial as is above (Burma) and with the Vietnamese earlier and the other is terrible living conditions as the Irish were facing and lack of food even. That is also true of many from Mexico... bad conditions and in some cases trying to avoid lawless drug gangs. ------ California (and more)  has had serious problems getting grapes and other crops in ..... due to lack of Mexican labor coming over at harvest time. 

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 12:34 AM, BTG_Fan1 said:

Well image how great Haiti could be if the Clintons had given all that money...

Or, if our President hadn't helped their former dictator launder money ripped off from Haiti.

http://forums.hannity.com/showthread.php?2481949-Trump-laundered-money-for-Haitian-dictator-Baby-Doc-Duvalier/page3

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, All About UNT said:

He is considered by most sane people to be one of the most eloquent speakers we've ever had as a president. Besides being biased for some ....unforeseen reason .....what facts do you have that would back up that you believe he to be an unpresidential-like speaker?

You must be just a horrible person to be around. 

Since you seem to lack the emotional maturity to have a productive discussion and are allowing your blind partisan hatred to drive your continued ad hominem attacks I see no benefit in continuing to address you.

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 4

26 minutes ago, Army of Dad said:

Since you seem to lack the emotional maturity to have a productive discussion and are allowing your blind partisan hatred to drive your continued ad hominem attacks I see no benefit in continuing to address you.

Yeah I'm super horrible. That was a really nice rebuttal you came up with though. Thanks for providing all the facts to back up your asinine statement

3 hours ago, Army of Dad said:

And a site administrator to top it off.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 6

On 1/15/2018 at 1:44 PM, GTWT said:

It's a shame you aren't one of Mr. Trump's advisors, he could have used the phrase '3rd World Banana Republic' - much more elegant.

White House Counsel advised POTUS that his use of the term "Banana Republic" could lead to legal action by The Gap.  They were just avoiding another the inevitable CNN hit piece: "Trump disparaged beloved brand run by America's largest specialty retailer. Tune in tonight for expected death toll."

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

January 23, 1995.

"We are a nation of immigrants, but we are also a nation of laws.   It is wrong and ultimately self defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years...and we must do more to stop it!"-Bill Clinton.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 1