DRC: Source -- UNT expecting assistants to return

Brett Vito

Am I the only one that it drive crazy that professional journalist Bert Frito doesn't proof his own work?

Even I know that even if you even spell hit spell check, even is still a word spelled correctly, so even if you hit spell check, it wouldn't catch even as being a misspelled word.  This event doubles as earning the nick name, Bert Frito.....

• Upvote 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2
  • Downvote 5

I have been on both ends as employer and employee.  As an employer, I appreciate someone coming to me to say they are looking.  I have encouraged people to apply for positions that would be an advancement over the current position.  It also provides an opportunity to compare my position with the opposing position.  I know all employers don't feel that way.  As an employee, if my boss hinders me from improving my status, I am already looking for something else.

• Upvote 1

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 10:45 AM, wardly said:

So what should we expect from a

"director of high school relations?"

Actually having a relationship with high schools within a 100 mile radius of UNT would be a good place to start. That woul be an improvement over the last guy.

Although if the pattern holds, expect this board to make excuses for the new guy because of the adversity the last guy left him, even though those same people supported the last guy until he wasn't at UNT anymore. And a round and round we go...

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

3 hours ago, greenminer said:

I think Vito has to write this.  I also think no employee would ever admit to his employer that he's considering leaving.

Take it FWIW.

I mean, parking passes are important...

No doubt Reffert will be returning... Unfortunately...

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 2

7 hours ago, greenminer said:

I think Vito has to write this.  I also think no employee would ever admit to his employer that he's considering leaving.

Take it FWIW.

Looking back at the article, I think various assistants told VIto they weren't actively looking. If the ideal job should call, then all bets are off, but no one is looking this spring. The assistants wouldn't be telling SL, they'd be talking to a reporter who would disguise both who did the talking and exactly what was said. 

22 hours ago, UNT90 said:

Actually having a relationship with high schools within a 100 mile radius of UNT would be a good place to start. That woul be an improvement over the last guy.

Although if the pattern holds, expect this board to make excuses for the new guy because of the adversity the last guy left him, even though those same people supported the last guy until he wasn't at UNT anymore. And a round and round we go...

How many coaches in 100 mile radius have you polled for this information?  Who supported him?  He basically got a year under SL and Baker. Mac took him on from the Dodge years for continuity, Mac didn't give two craps about recruiting, SL and Baker supported and gave him direction, improvements were not made to their satisfaction and they gave him the opportunity to retire and leave with dignity. Fact?  Not sure, so that would seem plausible and is my speculation.   The expectation of the person that takes this position should reflect those of Baker and Littrell. The status quo doesn't fit their narrative. 

20 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

How many coaches in 100 mile radius have you polled for this information?  Who supported him?  He basically got a year under SL and Baker. Mac took him on from the Dodge years for continuity, Mac didn't give two craps about recruiting, SL and Baker supported and gave him direction, improvements were not made to their satisfaction and they gave him the opportunity to retire and leave with dignity. Fact?  Not sure, so that would seem plausible and is my speculation.   The expectation of the person that takes this position should reflect those of Baker and Littrell. The status quo doesn't fit their narrative. 

Why poll? It has been said by HS coaches and the most apparent one to say it was Beans HC. He said he did not see or hear from UNT for years... The guy (Conley) had 2 years under SL and WB not one since this was SL 2nd season..

All of recruiting needs to be improved from the HS Relationa Coord, to The Recruiting coord.. it’s status quo with us keeping Reff as well, who had numerous no show games this season.. 

Edited by BTG_Fan1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1