'18 T/G Thomas Preston III (Scottsdale CC)

MGNation92

Noticed he played RT (mostly), RG and LG, and he seemed to be light on his feet (pulling as a OG and getting downfield on screens) and was the blind-side tackle for the lefty QB.. 

Has had a ton of looks and offers from smaller programs... 

New Mexico looks like the biggest school to offer to him... Wonder if UNT could get him with a PWO/BS offer. Would be a good addition to me. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Noticed he played RT (mostly), RG and LG, and he seemed to be light on his feet (pulling as a OG and getting downfield on screens) and was the blind-side tackle for the lefty QB.. 

Has had a ton of looks and offers from smaller programs... 

New Mexico looks like the biggest school to offer to him... Wonder if UNT could get him with a PWO/BS offer. Would be a good addition to me. 

Reported on his Twitter that he got Akron and Toledo offers as well.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, NorthTexan95 said:

Good.  I like this guy's tape but the competition level is hard to compare.  I don't know if he's quick enough to be a tackle at this level. 

2 things that are interesting about his tape, they pull him a lot as a tackle (so I'm guessing he has some quickness) and he is/seems to be somewhat mobile compared to guys we have had recently. I maybe wrong but when I watched his tape a few days ago, he did have highlights of him blocking vs programs like AZ Western (which has turned out multiple big DL talents). 

The 2nd thing I noticed/wondered.. His QB was a lefty for a majority of the snaps i watched.. So he was the blind-side protector for the lefty QB... The question is, is he a true- blindside tackle or is he a RT that happened to have a lefty at QB (and is this something JUCOs worry about with talent cycling through 2-3 years?). 

Quality kid, and would love to have him at RT or RG, with the other JUCO OT Williams at LT. Do think its a bonus to having him here for the spring as well, and hope he can be more productive than the JUCO OL we got mid-year last year. 

Edited by BTG_Fan1
  • Upvote 2