The Colony, Texas (The Colony HS)

Jordan Hunt

LB

6'2"

Wylie, Texas (Wylie HS)

Dayton LeBlanc

DL

6'1"

Lexington, Kentucky (Frederick Douglass HS)

Kason Martin

QB

6'3"

Manvel, Texas (Manvel HS)

Darrian McMillan

DL

6'2"

Mobile, Alabama (Butler CC)

Larry Nixon III

LB

6'0"

North Richland Hills, Texas (Richland HS)

Austin Ogunmakin

WR

6'3"

Alief, Texas (Hastings HS)

Josh Sa'afi

LB

6'3"

Euless, Texas (Mt. San Antonio College)

DeAndre Torrey

RB

5'7"

Gautier, Mississippi (Gulf Coast JC)

Derrick Shaw

DL

6'1"

Broken Arrow, Oklahoma (Broken Arrow HS)

Im not drinking the Litrell Kool aid yet, but I like this recruiting class.  My favorite signee is Kason Martin.  I love his attitude and his experience.  Big time pipeline to get in at Manvel and could lead to getting others to commit.  

2nd is Ogunmakin.  Seen him play and it may be a biased choice, but he's a good athlete.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, GOMG2013 said:

Im not drinking the Litrell Kool aid yet, but I like this recruiting class.  My favorite signee is Kason Martin.  I love his attitude and his experience.  Big time pipeline to get in at Manvel and could lead to getting others to commit.  

2nd is Ogunmakin.  Seen him play and it may be a biased choice, but he's a good athlete.

Funny thing is.. the Manvel kids who committed to AM still haven’t signed.. hope UNT can get Martin here on campus and go hard after the other Manvel kids once he is on campus. 

• Lovely Take 1

Toss-up for me between KD Davis & Austin Ogunmakin.   Both will be playing as Freshmen.   Reggie Williams & Jaxon Gibbs close behind.

Holding my breath for Carroll to sign next month.

Sleeper pick: Larry Nixon

46 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

From everything I can see, he isn't signed yet.  

Anyone know what the deal is there?

He appears here:
http://www.meangreensports.com/signingday/
And they can't mention him until he actually signs.

Not sure.  The sleepers to me are Jordan Hunt, all district in a highly competitive district, and Derrick Shaw.  The JUCO Torrey is intriguing to me.  His video is crazy.

What really stood out to me was the speed of the teams in the NC.  I am hoping the combination of Williams, Gibbs, Davis and Crosby, whoever ends up in the DB, will improve this for us.

• Upvote 1

Jason Bean/Kason Martin

I can't decide!!! I'm excited about them both. I know Kason Martin has been getting a lot of love on here (and rightly so), but please don't sleep on Jason Bean. With the right coaching, Jason Bean could become one of the most unstoppable players North Texas has ever had.

I truly believe we will win our first CUSA championship with one of these guys as our quarterback!

Go Mean Green!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 2

Offense is Martin.. The kids tape he just puts it in the right stop, and has sneaky speed.. and just looking at him in the pocket, it reminds of me Sam Bradford at OU.. I do think he could work on the throwing motion some, but excited to see what he can do in Spring ball. (Hope he can get a few of those Manvel/AM commits to flip) 

Defensive is Gibbs, just because I view him as a kid that could potential play CB or S... He is nearly 6'0 and 200 lbs, which is maybe the most exciting thing. (Honestly hope they leave him on Defense, and not move him around). 

Nixon is my sleeper. Nixon seemed to be have better stats than White (the former AM, now OU commit) but isn't viewed as a top-tier prospect because of the offer list. Hopefully he can get up to the 230 lb range.

Shaw is my breakout/potential super star of the class. Kid seems to play like Hamilton but has more weight. I haven't watched his tape recently, but I want to say I loved his ability to penetrate 

• Lovely Take 1

On 1/10/2018 at 11:38 AM, Hunter Green said:

Same here. And I like his name!

I told him I am not holding back if he screws up, he's getting same boo's as everyone else.  He laughed and told me he was ready.  We will find out.  

• Lovely Take 1