Did President Trump forget words to Nat Anthem?

Doubt it .. probably a lousy singer.. 

Oddly when I was school ... we did not even  do the hand over heart deal... that was for the pledge only ..... [ however I am old]  I suppose some did..  Guys in my HS usually would place a foot on the row seats in front of us when in the gym or football stadium ... Just a mostly guy thing at my school ... not typical I suppose. .. Sort of a kneeling thing.

.I have read that hand over heart thing became official in the 1990's although some did it before then.

.Weird fact:    Before Hitler showed up .. You will find pictures of American students saluting the flag with their hand out-stretched Germany style ... saying the pledge and not with hand over heart.  It was called a Bellamy salute.. The pledge is not all that old either, 1892, and has changed a bit since. --

I have seen some older people not doing the hand over heart thing during the National Anthem and getting criticized .... well ... they were  not taught to do that when in school.... I wasn't.   One problem ... some people think things have been a certain way for ever .... well they haven't.... Even the National Anthem has NOT  been the national anthem as long as most people think.. (1931 officially, 1916 sort of) There are people still alive that existed before 1931 when it was adopted. . 

http://www.ushistory.org/documents/pledge.htm 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Star-Spangled_Banner

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66
added a couple words
  • Upvote 1