DRC: Three reasons UNT could be better in 2018

Brett Vito

3 hours ago, DeepGreen said:

BV:  "FEATURED PHOTO: North Texas quarterback Mason Fine looks for a receiver during a game last season at Apogee Stadium."

Me thinks that photo may be from the New Orleans Bowl, not Apogee.  Always fun to poke at Brett!

Will be better or could be better? Don't straddle the fence

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Need to find a solid replacement for Moore.

GH continue to work with Fine mechanics, needs to step into throws, far to many he is hopping off back foot ==> under thrown balls.

Shore up the O-Line and D-Line

Work on coverage

Could be better; instead it "SHOULD" be better in 2018

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

Give me an improved defense with a beatdown of SMU at Apogee, and a shocking win in Fayetteville next year. 

If we see FAU again in the regular season, it will be the only regular-season game we lose.  Otherwise, we coast into the C-USA championship game undefeated VS 1-loss (@ OU) FAU again.  Both teams getting top 25 votes (if FAU's not already in), possibly with a NY6 bowl game on the line.

2018 is the year we've all been waiting for.   We finish the year 13-1 to continue the 4-win-improvement/yr trajectory SL has us on.

How's that for Green Kool-aid?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Mike Jackson said:

I love the weapons we have on offense and the apparent depth we have at QB.  Can defense be worse and not have players just quit?  I doubt that.  If the defense can average holding teams under 30 points we they could be very good.

The defense is most certainly the issue next year.  You gotta have faith that they understand this and are addressing it accordingly. 

43 minutes ago, Harry said:

The defense is most certainly the issue next year.  You gotta have faith that they understand this and are addressing it accordingly. 

Why do we “gotta” have faith when “they” have done nothing to indicate this problem will or even can be addressed?

You better find two reliable OTs or Fine may not make it out of the OOC schedule.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2018 at 4:48 PM, Harry said:

I have faith they know defense is a huge issue and they will address it.  How effective their remedies will be is the question.  I did not mean to suggest that the any of the players on defense quit last year.  I just saw them being overwhelmed by good offenses last year.  And I don’t this is mostly the scheme.  I would like them to be more aggressive next year.  I would rather keep offenses out of rhythm and give up a few big one-on-one plays than just get nickeled and dimed down the field all game.  Because once your defense is tired it is game over.  The only way you can win is to score with no time on the clock like the did against Army.