Sign in to follow this  
Brett Vito

DRC: UNT announces Choice as RBs coach

Recommended Posts

This move has been assumed for a long time but glad to see it finalized.

Appreciate what he's already contributed to the program and excited for what's to come

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, greenminer said:

How is Tashard as a recruiter?

He got us Greg White, and 1 or 2 of the guys this class

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

He got us Greg White, and 1 or 2 of the guys this class

Well...technically he better have recruited 0 guys last class.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, greenminer said:

How is Tashard as a recruiter?

Excellent. I actually met him once when he was a Cowboy and he has an affectuous personality and is very energetic. He's actually gotten in trouble on the sidelines with refs for being too energetic before. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe in another article they can interview Choice, love to hear what he has to say and how he thinks he improve the running or maintain our running game.  I think it was good they gave him the position.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love the hire, even if he is an old MUTS alum.  His Cowboy years cleansed him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Love the hire, even if he is an old MUTS alum.  His Cowboy years cleansed him. 

Huh? He went to Georgia Tech

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Love the hire, even if he is an old MUTS alum.  His Cowboy years cleansed him. 

You must be thinking of Philip Tanner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

You must be thinking of Philip Tanner.

You are correct. Man, getting old sucks. Either way, glad to have him on board officially. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've always wanted to call him "Taster's Choice"

71GUr0wN5DL._SY550_.jpg

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On January 7, 2018 at 7:06 AM, Stix said:

I've always wanted to call him "Taster's Choice"

71GUr0wN5DL._SY550_.jpg

Not creepy at all. I say run with it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just thought I would mention, Coach Choice posted the video below. The video was retweeted by rapper T.I. so it's posted on T.I.'s official page and available to his 8.2 million followers.

It was also retweeted by several NFL players. The ones I could find are Andy Levitre (OL, Falcons), Fred Jackson (RB, Bills for 8 years, now free agent), Brandon Boykin (CB, Ravens), CJ Spiller (RB, Chiefs) and NBA player Thaddeus Young (Pacers). Just thought I would mention it since it's quite a bit of publicity for UNT. All of these guys have pretty strong Twitter followings. 

This may not mean much to most of you, but any recruit or fan stumbling onto their pages will see UNT there.

Edited by GMG_Dallas
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Just thought I would mention, Coach Choice posted the video below. The video was retweeted by rapper T.I. so it's posted on T.I.'s official page and available to his 8.2 million followers.

It was also retweeted by several NFL players. The ones I could find are Andy Levitre (OL, Falcons), Fred Jackson (RB, Bills for 8 years, now free agent), Brandon Boykin (CB, Ravens), CJ Spiller (RB, Chiefs) and NBA player Thaddeus Young (Pacers). Just thought I would mention it since it's quite a bit of publicity for UNT. All of these guys have pretty strong Twitter followings. 

This may not mean much to most of you, but any recruit or fan stumbling onto their pages will see UNT there.

With those kinds of connections, it would be amazing if UNT could find a way to run a camp with former NFL players coming in and for it to coach up kids and hopefully allow for us to get 1 or 2 kids we didn’t expect, similar to the camp we did with OU/Rice over the summer. It was a huge $ thing as well for the program.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

With those kinds of connections, it would be amazing if UNT could find a way to run a camp with former NFL players coming in and for it to coach up kids and hopefully allow for us to get 1 or 2 kids we didn’t expect, similar to the camp we did with OU/Rice over the summer. It was a huge $ thing as well for the program.

I'm going to take a wild guess and say we aren't the only school with a coach that has decent connections but it's nice to see us join the party. If he can pull off something like that, let's do it.

I think his youth (33) sets him apart from the others a bit so it'll be interesting to see how he uses that. Overall, we seem to have a young and energetic staff who players are excited to play for once they decide to come here. Quite the 180 from where we were 2-3 years ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

I'm going to take a wild guess and say we aren't the only school with a coach that has decent connections but it's nice to see us join the party. If he can pull off something like that, let's do it.

I think his youth (33) sets him apart from the others a bit so it'll be interesting to see how he uses that. Overall, we seem to have a young and energetic staff who players are excited to play for once they decide to come here. Quite the 180 from where we were 2-3 years ago.

We aren’t the only one, but this is a time we can capitalize on something.. and get the UNT brand out there for recruiting as well.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

We aren’t the only one, but this is a time we can capitalize on something.. and get the UNT brand out there for recruiting as well.

Let's see what they can do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this