DRC: Could UNT lose assistants in the offseason?

Brett Vito

I think if Littrell has shown one thing, then it is that he is pretty good at hiring assistants.

Would be a pity to lose Harrell, but not the end of the world. Doubt he will go to tech a year before a likely coaching change.

That said, it would be nice to have a bit more continuity this off season than last. And I think we will get it.

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 3

I hear LSU just started serving Coke products in their stadium...is our Diet Coke Boy gonna be stolen away?

Some of the Talons did a good job firing the cannon this year...will Army steal them?

Is Wake Forest gonna steal our Kettle Corn guy?

Can a lowly program like North Texas ever really hope to hold on to ANYONE??!!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 2

12 hours ago, unt_rocket09 said:

https://www.afca.com/afca/Convention2018

After this...thats when many moves are made

I think you are right. There are lots of conversations at the AFCA which leads to assistants form successful programs getting opportunities. Those aren't always moves "up" from the perspective of fans, but they are moves they assistants wan to try. They get to work and learn from new people, do new things and experience different situations. I'm sure a lots of fans at their previous schools thought both Littrell and Harrell were crazy to take jobs at NT. 

Part of the price of getting better is losing assistants. It happens at every level. The schools that sustain success find a way to I've with it. That has been NTs problem for ever, when we have success we don't sustain it.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, RBP79 said:

GH is still in the middle of learning to be a OC. If it weren't for Fine we would of been 7-5 at best. You give Harrell way to much credit for for Fine's development.

Agreed, he gets to much credit for Fines improvement, the offensive jump from year 1 to 2.. 

on top of his name in the state carries a lot of weight with HS coaches.. 

but you have to think, plenty of schools would have interest in him potentially.. it’s been “rumored” places like UTEP, Mizzou among others

Edited by BTG_Fan1

22 hours ago, RBP79 said:

GH is still in the middle of learning to be a OC. If it weren't for Fine we would of been 7-5 at best. You give Harrell way to much credit for for Fine's development.

8 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Agreed, he gets to much credit for Fines improvement, the offensive jump from year 1 to 2.. 

Fine is a self-developer, y'all. He don't need no stinkin QB coach! He has Shanbour!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1