Are we rooting for UCF?

UCF was a great story this year.  I also have two sayings I love and live by:

1. We may not always have it together, but together we have it all.

2. The problem is you think you have time.  Buddha 

A cusa or abc school needs to make the NY6 game too. 

Happy New Year!

GMG

2 hours ago, GrayEagle said:

For crap's sake guys...why are we against every G5?  There is an old adage that I've found to be true..."The best way to have a friend is to be one."  

If and when it comes time to move to another conference and no one will support us because we don't like them, we'll bitch and moan.  With the possibility of Connecticut and/or Cincinnati leaving the AAC we could be in line to be a replacement.  Even though it's a G5 conference (and may be as long as the separation exists) it is still a better conference than our existing league.  

Of course, now that it's over and UCF won I can reveal that I was pulling for Auburn.  The reason is that my granddaughter is marrying an Auburn grad this month so it's becoming a family thing.  But secretly I was pulling for the G5 to win and I would have done that even if it had been SMU.  In fact, I don't dislike SMU except when we play them.  I hope that they win every game except with us and we then beat them 70-0.

I realize that every FBS school has UNT haters and vice versa but I hope (for our sake) that that can be held to a minimum.  The rank and file of most are not out to get us unless we give them cause.  Since I'm remembering old sayings here's another of my favorites..."We must all hang together or surely we will all hang separately."

👍👍 

Have always liked the last sentence of GrayEagle's comment as well.  

🦅GrayEagle Speak Truth & Is Wise Chief. 🦅

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

It's a rare occasion when I'll ever root for a P5 against a G5. I hate, detest, loathe, despise and generally don't care for Memphis but I couldn't pull for Iowa State over them. Of course I didn't get choked up when Iowa State won the Liberty Bowl.

Just remember. If a G5 makes the playoff and knocks out the Big XII, the G5 still only gets $6 million and Big XII gets paid as if they had made the playoff. If that doesn't piss you off what will?

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, RBP79 said:

UCF.....but next year will probably be different for them since pretty much their coaching staff is headed to Nebraska. In the long run it want mean to much for.the AAC movin up.

The American Airlines Conference isn't moving to P5. 

8 hours ago, Arkstfan said:

It's a rare occasion when I'll ever root for a P5 against a G5. I hate, detest, loathe, despise and generally don't care for Memphis but I couldn't pull for Iowa State over them. Of course I didn't get choked up when Iowa State won the Liberty Bowl.

Just remember. If a G5 makes the playoff and knocks out the Big XII, the G5 still only gets $6 million and Big XII gets paid as if they had made the playoff. If that doesn't piss you off what will?

Why would a G5 only get 6M? 

On 1/2/2018 at 10:37 AM, GrayEagle said:

For crap's sake guys...why are we against every G5?  There is an old adage that I've found to be true..."The best way to have a friend is to be one."  

If and when it comes time to move to another conference and no one will support us because we don't like them, we'll bitch and moan.  With the possibility of Connecticut and/or Cincinnati leaving the AAC we could be in line to be a replacement.  Even though it's a G5 conference (and may be as long as the separation exists) it is still a better conference than our existing league.  

Of course, now that it's over and UCF won I can reveal that I was pulling for Auburn.  The reason is that my granddaughter is marrying an Auburn grad this month so it's becoming a family thing.  But secretly I was pulling for the G5 to win and I would have done that even if it had been SMU.  In fact, I don't dislike SMU except when we play them.  I hope that they win every game except with us and we then beat them 70-0.

I realize that every FBS school has UNT haters and vice versa but I hope (for our sake) that that can be held to a minimum.  The rank and file of most are not out to get us unless we give them cause.  Since I'm remembering old sayings here's another of my favorites..."We must all hang together or surely we will all hang separately."

Here I was, reading through your post and thinking “what a sane and even-handed approach to this issue”...then I read the whole rooting for SMU thing

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

"There’s no perfect solution to the UCF problem—apart from the playoff committee suddenly getting its collective head wrapped around the fact that the line between the Power 5 and Group of Five is fungible. All its current line of thought suggests is that Kansas is more likely to take home the trophy next year than UCF."

https://www.si.com/college-football/2018/01/03/ucf-playoff-auburn-peach-bowl-national-championship