Barf

emmitt01

Having Kiffin in the conference is tough but great for the Mean Green.  Where he goes cameras follow, and we will see our share of the Florida owls for awhile.

happy new year Nation!

GMG

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

1 minute ago, emmitt01 said:

I don't really buy this argument.  Not once have they interviewed Kiffin and said, "here's proof that good football is played in CUSA."  They treat him as if he's an outlier, a visitor to our lowly brand of football...as if this is a pit stop until he can return to the bourgeoisie.

+1 for using bourgeoisie. Certainly not a term heard frequently among us plebeians. 

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

I don't really buy this argument.  Not once have they interviewed Kiffin and said, "here's proof that good football is played in CUSA."  They treat him as if he's an outlier, a visitor to our lowly brand of football...as if this is a pit stop until he can return to the bourgeoisie.

This has me wondering: has anybody seen a follow up on that 10-year contract he seems to have signed (I.e what the actual buyout for a school would be)?

14 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

Agree. 

Kiffin himself refers to "this level" often when talking about his team and talks about his players like they're high school kids that just play for the love of the game. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

This. If he was plugging CUSA or G5, it would be one thing. 

• Upvote 1

Kiffin plugs Kiffin...that's all he does.  I've never met the guy, but I really don't like the guy from his sideline presence and interviews.  That FAU house of cards will fall in the immediate future.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Mean Green Matt said:

+1 for using bourgeoisie. Certainly not a term heard frequently among us plebeians. 

I threw Emmitt a plus one for that as well (following your lead) but am thinking of a book I'm reading that uses the term "haute bourgeioisie", that I think may be more precise for the P5 crowd.

• Haha 1

On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 6:58 PM, drex said:

Kiffin plugs Kiffin...that's all he does.  I've never met the guy, but I really don't like the guy from his sideline presence and interviews.  That FAU house of cards will fall in the immediate future.

Hate his sideline presence and interviews.  I just LOVE his wins.  Who cares about silly things.  Not sure why the cards will fall?  Is he here long term, probably not.  But the biggest thing that he's done for us, is that it has educated our Board of Trustees that the money has to be there for a qualified coach and more importantly the assistant coaches pool.  Prior years they tried do it on the cheap and the results showed, 3 3-9 seasons in a row.  But according to most, he is already here twice as long as anyone expected.

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, FAU Connoisseur said:

Hate his sideline presence and interviews.  I just LOVE his wins.  Who cares about silly things.  Not sure why the cards will fall?  Is he here long term, probably not.  But the biggest thing that he's done for us, is that it has educated our Board of Trustees that the money has to be there for a qualified coach and more importantly the assistant coaches pool.  Prior years they tried do it on the cheap and the results showed, 3 3-9 seasons in a row.  But according to most, he is already here twice as long as anyone expected.

My greatest worry would be possible recruiting issues since he doesn't have FAU's best interest at heart.

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

My greatest worry would be possible recruiting issues since he doesn't have FAU's best interest at heart.

I have no idea how you would know that.  Are you aware of his relationship with Dr. Kelly?  The board?  The community?  His history isn't filled with NCAA violations, he's inherited violations at USC.  He left Tenn after one year for his dream job and who wouldn't think they could conquer the world and accept an NFL head coaching job in his early 30's.  He's guilty of being confident.  I love the enjoy him while he is there or he will leave your program in shambles.  He has fixed our program and has proven you can win at FAU.  The next hire (which I think is on staff) will be a lot easier.  We don't have sell what we are doing anymore and it doesn't hurt we start breaking ground on a $50 mil football/academic center next Monday.  Kiffin will be here longer than you think and if he goes, there won't be one angry FAU fan.

8 hours ago, NT93 said:

Not a single one out of all 1,000 of them?  That's crazy talk.

Those 1,000 fans raised enough money to help build I would asssume the new $50 millions facility that FAU talked about.. we can get the IPF funding finished.. 

I think it’s crazy talk, a program with less support is moving faster than we are and many fans here don’t realize it

19 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Those 1,000 fans raised enough money to help build I would asssume the new $50 millions facility that FAU talked about.. we can get the IPF funding finished.. 

I think it’s crazy talk, a program with less support is moving faster than we are and many fans here don’t realize it

When do you guys add baseball?