10th On Field Assistant

El Paso Eagle

I've seen a few head coaches say they would make the 10th assistant a recruiting coordinator and float between positions to help as needed rather than being assigned a position to coach.

Others have said they would probably use it to have a dedicated special teams coordinator who wasn't balancing that with coaching a position.

Two rumors floating around A-State have been that one option being considered is to have a dedicated special teams coordinator who didn't have other responsibilities (our SC also coaches receivers) and the other option being splitting defensive line coach into DE coach and DT coach. My guess is it will likely come down to who is available to hire that they like and what they are good at more than looking at it as we need an X coach.

• Lovely Take 1

2 hours ago, Arkstfan said:

I've seen a few head coaches say they would make the 10th assistant a recruiting coordinator and float between positions to help as needed rather than being assigned a position to coach.

Others have said they would probably use it to have a dedicated special teams coordinator who wasn't balancing that with coaching a position.

Two rumors floating around A-State have been that one option being considered is to have a dedicated special teams coordinator who didn't have other responsibilities (our SC also coaches receivers) and the other option being splitting defensive line coach into DE coach and DT coach. My guess is it will likely come down to who is available to hire that they like and what they are good at more than looking at it as we need an X coach.

I like the recruiting coordinator move, let's them actually go recruit as opposed to staying on campus.  But I'm willing to bet Choice officially joins staff as RB coach 

5 hours ago, GMG24 said:

I like the recruiting coordinator move, let's them actually go recruit as opposed to staying on campus.  But I'm willing to bet Choice officially joins staff as RB coach 

Choice has helped land multiple recruits, one of them said he helped this cycle and Greg White was his get as well..

Im assuming having him on the 10-man staff allows him more freedom to go visit recruits compared to his current position?But I have no idea if there are any limits on how he can recruit in his current role.

———————

Sidenote: I really hope the staff finds a spot for Jeff Wilson if he doesn’t make it to the next level. East Texas kid and he gave a lot to this team, and could and should help the younger guys. Kind of view him similar to Buyers.

11 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Choice has helped land multiple recruits, one of them said he helped this cycle and Greg White was his get as well..

Im assuming having him on the 10-man staff allows him more freedom to go visit recruits compared to his current position?But I have no idea if there are any limits on how he can recruit in his current role.

———————

Sidenote: I really hope the staff finds a spot for Jeff Wilson if he doesn’t make it to the next level. East Texas kid and he gave a lot to this team, and could and should help the younger guys. Kind of view him similar to Buyers.

Analyst or any other non position coach can only recruit on campus.  I'm not for sure but I don't think they can contact kids either, only once they're on campus can they make contact. Position coaches can visit kids.  UTSA GA was posted on the Kellogg kid from Tennessee I believe, and I'm almost certain that is a recruiting violation. 

• 2 weeks later...