Charlotte (1/4/18)

CMJ

2 minutes ago, Andrew said:

As is the person who gave me a negative haha. Somebody needs to get that disrespect out of here and go back to the SMU boards haha. 

http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/news/story?id=5581117

lol at your bball IQ, if you only knew how hard it was to get to the Division 1 level as an official. They obviously want Charlotte to win lolololol 

• Upvote 1

That is by far the worst foul call I have seen in years! I have never heard of a player tripping on his own team mate and getting to shoot free throws. That is completely pathetic! Wren is by the bench and I am confident he will be making some calls to CUSA officials tomorrow.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

The player from Charlotte who pulled up from half court with more than 3 seconds left fooled the Mean Green. Had we actually gotten the rebound we could have called time with 1.5, maybe 2 seconds left.

But outside of that, ugly ugly game. Besides the refs, too many turnovers and too many bad shots and inability to finish. Our guys didn't look like they had any energy.

Deflating loss because we should be 3-0.

19 minutes ago, kingwoodgreen said:

Wow, just standing and watching on that last shot. They put themselves in a position to go to ot and get this in the win column but just did not play till the buzzer. SAD

Coach just said in the post game that one of our players came to him and admitted fault for standing around.and not playing thru on the last shot.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

This game we never looked in sync and we continue to miss FT, FT were the difference.  One note the refs took over the game.  I dont remember a game with this many fouls.  The calls went both ways but this group of refes needs to call middle school basketball games.

This takes one away from the road wins, you dont want to lose at home.

Edited by southsideguy

Here are my quick thoughts. 

1. The hustle and defense this team play with will win more games than they lose

2. Our shooters can't be so inconsistent.  I've never seen someone who can fill it up like our shooters can, and miss shots so bad at the same time.  

3. We have got to get the ball into the post more and quit trying to drive and make ridiculously acrobatic layups.  Straight line drive for a layup or a little dump pass to the big man once his man helps.

4.  Damn we rebounded in defense so well all night long and got burned late by not securing the rebound.  Coincidentally it was when Tamara was our only big in, I doubt we see that mistake again by the staff.  Tope should have been in for rebounding alone once Simmons fouled out.  

5.  Some of our guys can really use an offseason to lift and eat right and gain 10-15 pounds of muscle. 

6.  DEFENSE BABY!!!!! Think we ended the game with 7 charges taken maybe 8 I can't remember.  That effort tonight will have me back Saturday.  

Sure this loss sucks, gotta beat the Charlottes of the conference, but I really liked what I saw out of our guys tonight.  Crowd was meh.  MAYBE 1k butts in seats and they were quiet all night.  We had like 7 students there (at least sitting in student section) 

12 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

Here are my quick thoughts. 

1. The hustle and defense this team play with will win more games than they lose

2. Our shooters can't be so inconsistent.  I've never seen someone who can fill it up like our shooters can, and miss shots so bad at the same time.  

3. We have got to get the ball into the post more and quit trying to drive and make ridiculously acrobatic layups.  Straight line drive for a layup or a little dump pass to the big man once his man helps.

4.  Damn we rebounded in defense so well all night long and got burned late by not securing the rebound.  Coincidentally it was when Tamara was our only big in, I doubt we see that mistake again by the staff.  Tope should have been in for rebounding alone once Simmons fouled out.  

5.  Some of our guys can really use an offseason to lift and eat right and gain 10-15 pounds of muscle. 

6.  DEFENSE BABY!!!!! Think we ended the game with 7 charges taken maybe 8 I can't remember.  That effort tonight will have me back Saturday.  

Sure this loss sucks, gotta beat the Charlottes of the conference, but I really liked what I saw out of our guys tonight.  Crowd was meh.  MAYBE 1k butts in seats and they were quiet all night.  We had like 7 students there (at least sitting in student section) 

Well I learned tonight that you shouldn’t stand at a basketball game. Even if it’s only in the last 30 seconds... 🙄

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 1