‘18 Tyree Thompson LB (LA Valley CC)

BTG_Fan1

1 minute ago, UNTLifer said:

If it is so hard to understand, then explain yourself.

Don’t be bitter.. kid owes us nothing.. he is doing what is best for him and his family... 

No matter what, where else he goes.. they will be the fall back/2nd option. 

Vandy is a great education and in the SEC. can’t doubt or be disappointed because many people here 3 days ago thought we had 0 Chance. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Don’t be bitter.. kid owes us nothing.. he is doing what is best for him and his family... 

No matter what, where else he goes.. they will be the fall back/2nd option. 

Vandy is a great education and in the SEC. can’t doubt or be disappointed because many people here 3 days ago thought we had 0 Chance. 

Are you feeling ok?  This seems like an unusually rational post. 

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Hunter Green said:

Whiskey tango foxtrot!

More like WTF to the UNT fans that have sent replies some of the most disappointing replies back.. (FYI for people who haven’t looked of the 10 replies to the tweet, 5 or 6 are from bitter/upset UNT fans..) 

Not saying he may (or may have) flip/flipped back to us, but if we had any chance it’s likely gone now.. 

Edited by BTG_Fan1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 4

7 minutes ago, All About UNT said:

Why I wasn't super stoked about the commitment in the first place... saw him posting twitter polls as to where people thought he would commit.  Don't know what he reasoning is and really don't care but the polls struck me as immature and potentially wavering in whichever decision he decided to make.  Just my .02

Hamilton did it... Davis did it I believe (or one of other other top recruits we signed did)...

They do it to gain followers and just a fun way to see which fan bases turn out and support the players... 

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

Frankly, a player that does not want to be here is a liability not an asset.  However, a commitment should mean something by both parties. 

However, we fans are happy when another school loses a commit to us.   So we are all hypocrites to some degree. 

Commitment from both parties? Coaches sign players on NSD then dash the next day, just look at our staff from last year.. We signed a bunch of guys on NSD, the next day we had 3/4 coaches leave.. 

Shit happens and the kid had something come up. Let’s move on like adults and not worry about the guy looking out for HIS well being and his families future.

Seeing grew men tossing up negativity on his decommitment from UNT just makes us look even worse. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 3

4 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Seeing grew men tossing up negativity on his decommitment from UNT just makes us look even worse. 

This

Although, I choose to think that most North Texas fans react to this news with by overcoming the appropriate level of disappointment with perspective and understanding.  Those reacting otherwise is likely a vocal minority.

Until a player formally signs, this should be all but expected.  I only hope the change of heart is a result of receiving counsel from trustworthy, well-intentioned people around him.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Commitment from both parties? Coaches sign players on NSD then dash the next day, just look at our staff from last year.. We signed a bunch of guys on NSD, the next day we had 3/4 coaches leave.. 

Shit happens and the kid had something come up. Let’s move on like adults and not worry about the guy looking out for HIS well being and his families future.

I am not sure how you get all that out of that post.   Seems somewhat balanced to me.  

• Upvote 2

Children shouldn't be allowed to "commit" to anything.  Most would not be allowed to sign a contract such as a lease without a  parental co-sign.  And so I wonder why we waste paper and time on a "commitment" that is anything but. 

Now, can anyone think of an NT "commit" that "decommitted" and ended up back at North Texas ? 

We should use terms like "going steady"  and give out "promise rings."

GO MEAN GREEN

• Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, greenjoe said:

Children shouldn't be allowed to "commit" to anything.  Most would not be allowed to sign a contract such as a lease without a  parental co-sign.  And so I wonder why we waste paper and time on a "commitment" that is anything but. 

Now, can anyone think of an NT "commit" that "decommitted" and ended up back at North Texas ? 

We should use terms like "going steady"  and give out "promise rings."

GO MEAN GREEN

Gage from this class.. 

Keyvon Davis committed, then withdrew the announcement then announced