‘18 Tyree Thompson LB (LA Valley CC)

BTG_Fan1

I would love to land that kid. The one thing I noticed from that highlight reel is that he didn't seem to get caught rushing up field while they ran the the ball underneath. He quickly recognized the run and was able to stop going up field and adjust to make the tackle.

Edited by Venson
Grammar Correction
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Offered by Vanderbilt. Visiting them the 12th instead.

Soooo would it be wrong to assume his interest in us is minimal? Also, should the staff pull back efforts to get him here and focus on others instead? Asking because I truly don't know how they should go about something like this.

14 hours ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Soooo would it be wrong to assume his interest in us is minimal? Also, should the staff pull back efforts to get him here and focus on others instead? Asking because I truly don't know how they should go about something like this.

Delicate situation, only get so many official visitors.  But you gotta put full court press on some kids to land them. 

I finally got around to watching his tape and now I'm VERY excited about this kid . His athletic ability and instincts jump out at you.  Also, many of those big plays could only come from a lot of film study and knowing what the offense is going to run.  You worry about JC guys taking time to find their way at this level but he has the tools to succeed from the get go.  

EDIT:  Someone gave me a down vote for this post?  Seriously?  I guess some SMU fan was visiting ... 

Edited by NorthTexan95
  • Lovely Take 2
  • Downvote 1

31 minutes ago, NorthTexan95 said:

I finally got around to watching his tape and now I'm VERY excited about this kid . His athletic ability and instincts jump out at you.  Also, many of those big plays could only come from a lot of film study and knowing what the offense is going to run.  You worry about JC guys taking time to find their way at this level but he has the tools to succeed from the get go.  

Have to think he shouldn’t need a lot of time. Since he will have the spring to adjust, along with him having multiple solid offers. Similar to Jenkins (or even better offer list) and Jenkins was hampered by getting to campus only 10-12 days before this first game vs SMU 2 years ago.

• Upvote 2