Houston Pulls Offer

UNTLifer

3 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

On Twitter. His high school coach says UH no longer welcome on campus since he had been committed since June. UH pulled his offer. 

To be fair, his offer was pulled after he chose to not sign early.  No idea of the context of offer being pulled, but that is the very conversation I had with both athletes we had sign D1.  It's your call to wait and see what happens, but if you have schools who want you it's best to choose from those options.  If you don't they'll likely look elsewhere i.e. Pull ship. 

Id love for us to land him, and sway some metroplex coaches back to UNT. I think he can play nose for us extremely well too. 

Edited by GMG24
  • Upvote 2

UNT has to be more aggressive than they have shown with the top ranked recruits in the area. Subscribe to Randy Roger's service, and others, and offer every top kid early. Follow up, follow up and follow up.

I realize there is a screening process and Littrell wants every kid to fit his Core Values. But at the end of the day, we will always wonder why the top athletes end up at FAU and Troy. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Cooley said:

UNT has to be more aggressive than they have shown with the top ranked recruits in the area. Subscribe to Randy Roger's service, and others, and offer every top kid early. Follow up, follow up and follow up.

I think @TheReal_jayD can confirm that they are aware of all of those players even if they choose not to pursue. Maybe they do need to be more aggressive, but they aren't having any issues finding out about players.

• Downvote 1

Recruiting is like sales in that it is a numbers game.  However, in order to be successful you have to spend your time on prospects that won't just waste your time in the end.

Always a tough call as to how much time to spend with top prospects that more than likely will dump us as soon as they get a P5 offer.  Fool us once shame on you, fool us twice, shame on us.

An added benefit of not offering guys and they end up falling through the cracks or qualifying late is that we can bring them in and use a blueshirt.  As soon as host them on an official visit or offer them a scholarship they become a recruited player and are ineligible to receive a blueshirt.