DRC: Mark Tikhonenko cleared by NCAA, will redshirt

Brett Vito

This is definitely good news. What would Tikhonenko have done if they did not? Go back to high school to take classes the NCAA said he needed?

Like I said in another thread, this is a bunch of horse sh*t! If this were Duke or any other noted P5 bball program, he would have been cleared before the start of the season. 

• Upvote 4

Its good news it finally happened. Its bad news it took so long. Completely agree with chrisfisher that at a P5 school this likely would have gotten done quicker.

The consequence is that coach now seems to feel like the player isn't really ready to play yet. I have this feeling he wants to see him practice a bit more first and if he does really well or if we get more injuries and it gets really bad, he might play him after all. It kinda sounds like Tikhonenko didn't really work out enough by himself to stay in proper shape, which I guess didn't help. At least it is now the coaches decision and he can now finally properly develop the player.

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2