Jordan Redfearn Aubrey (Aubrey, TX)

UNTMike81

Just now, UNTMike81 said:

Thanks...I didn't see that update. Can you please define Blueshirt. I'm familiar with Grayshirt. Blueshirt, not so much.

Blueshirt is where the recruit signs, but isn't immediately placed on scholarship. They wait to put him on scholarship until the first day of practice, which delays his scholarship to count against next years class. IE he can redshirt/play this year but would count against the 2019 class scholarship count.

• Thanks 2

12 hours ago, UNTMike81 said:

Thanks...I didn't see that update. Can you please define Blueshirt. I'm familiar with Grayshirt. Blueshirt, not so much.

Similar to want MGNation92 said, a blue shirt means Fall 2018 he will not be on campus unless it is on his dime, and spring 2019 he will be on scholarship and redshirt fall 2019. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MeanGreenZen said:

I don't think blueshirts actually sign anything. The lack of paperwork is one of the ways that football programs use blueshirting to "get around" the scholarship limitations.

Anyone can sign a NLI, we've had PWO's sign them as well. Whether or not the school uses a scholarship for said NLI is a different question.

9 hours ago, TheFlyingWorm said:

Similar to want MGNation92 said, a blue shirt means Fall 2018 he will not be on campus unless it is on his dime, and spring 2019 he will be on scholarship and redshirt fall 2019. 

I believe what you are describing is a grayshirt. 

Blueshirts show up to campus in the Fall and are essentially a 'walk-on', but are placed on scholarship as soon as the semester starts and their scholarship will be applied to the next year.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, MGNation92 said:

Anyone can sign a NLI, we've had PWO's sign them as well. Whether or not the school uses a scholarship for said NLI is a different question.

Not true, a national letter of intent can only be used when financial aid is involved.  

Schools may have some document to denote a commitment without financial aid, but it is not a NLI. 

On 12/22/2017 at 8:15 AM, TreeFiddy said:

I believe what you are describing is a grayshirt. 

Blueshirts show up to campus in the Fall and are essentially a 'walk-on', but are placed on scholarship as soon as the semester starts and their scholarship will be applied to the next year.

Ah yes, you are correct! My apologies, it’s been a few years and we didn’t have Blue shirts when I played! One of my roommates was grey shirted in 2013, I figured the terminology just changed. 

• All About UNT changed the title to Jordan Redfearn Aubrey (Aubrey, TX)