2018 Early NSD official thread

TheReal_jayD

16 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Should we expect any additional guys today? 

Don't think we'll have any surprises.  Gibbs wont sign until closer to 3 because of our schedule

Gibbs has signed, the 'ceremony' signing is this afternoon

Edited by GMG24
  • Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

Just now, AustinFromUNT said:

The site of 2 6’3 QBs is beautiful. Once Mason is gone in 2 years it will be curious to see who steps up after him.

Just remember. Josh Greer was 6'4" and Connor Means was/Is 6'3"

Height isn't always a great indicator of success. But I digress. Exciting for these two guys to join the QB room.

• Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Not to gripe, but they aren’t using guys most recent tape it looks like.. Leblanc is all Ryan tape, Nixon tweeted saying for them to use 2017 tape 🤦🏻‍♂️

Also, Kevyon is a LB? And Crosby is a S.

Kevyon playing LB

2 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

After the morning wave of LOIs, we still lack Ogunmakin, Torrey, Carroll & Redfearn... of our known commits.

And the JUCO DL/LB from trinity HS/ California (Mt. Sac)

carroll has UNT all over his twitter, but haven’t heard anything in awhile..is he still active I assume?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MGNation92 said:

Just remember. Josh Greer was 6'4" and Connor Means was/Is 6'3"

Height isn't always a great indicator of success. But I digress. Exciting for these two guys to join the QB room.

But...........Connor Means & Greer were 2 Star Qb that really didnt have any talent at the position and had horrible arms. The QB position then under Mac was to just hand off to the running back.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

47 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

After the morning wave of LOIs, we still lack Ogunmakin, Torrey, Carroll & Redfearn... of our known commits.

EDIT:  I think it's safe to say the backend of the defense was shored up pretty well today... but I'm still concerned about OL/DL/LB.

JayD said he wasn't sure if one of our guards was still committed. Wondering if that is Carroll. Thought we were expecting Redfearn to sign. Nervous on Carroll right now.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BillySee58 said:

JayD said he wasn't sure if one of our guards was still committed. Wondering if that is Carroll. Thought we were expecting Redfearn to sign. Nervous on Carroll right now.

Carroll is the guy I was most excited about on the OL.   If we only sign Brown & Redfearn, I'll be very concerned.

• Upvote 1