Will UNT's NFL draft drought be broken?

casual fan

Wilson likely won’t because of his injury history but if he is able to get healthy and make the postseason talent games like the Senior Bowl it would greatly help. He needs a great pro day in terms of speed, health, and size.. if he does that he could make scouts re-evaluate his film.

Moore is the most likely if the group, the kid has been clutch, and consistently good. Hope he can get into the senior bowl and allow scouts to see him kick. A good thing is his touchbacks on kickoffs.

Mcclain cost himself money this year and likely needs to rest well, and even then doubtful to me. 

Wheeler to injured and to light to play the OLB spot.

Edited by BTG_Fan1
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Wilson likely won’t because of his injury history but if he is able to get healthy and make the postseason talent games like the Senior Bowl it would greatly help. He needs a great pro day in terms of speed, health, and size.. if he does that he could make scouts re-evaluate his film.

Moore is the most likely if the group, the kid has been clutch, and consistently good. Hope he can get into the senior bowl and allow scouts to see him kick. A good thing is his touchbacks on kickoffs.

Mcclain cost himself money this year and likely needs to rest well, and even then doubtful to me. 

Wheeler to injured and to light to play the OLB spot.

I agree with your assessment, but your dad needs two spend more time with you helping with school and what not.  Would too or three nights a week be to much two ask?

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

On 12/19/2017 at 11:55 AM, NorthTexan95 said:

Chrismas shopping on December 19th?  I grieve for you. 

Gotta admit, I was Christmas shopping when I read this thread.  Anyone seen the Walmart commercial about last minute Christmas shopping?   “It’s Raining Men” is playing during the commercial when it shows the last minute shopping taking place in the store.  It’s funny cuz it’s true. 

Edited by UNT 90 Grad
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, casual fan said:

Drought breakers?

I think there's a chance  for one or more seniors  to get into this years NFL draft.  

Jeff Wilson (1215  yards in 11 games 6.5  yards per carry) might  be the one to do it.  Probably 2  or 3 others have outside chances.

What say you?

Lance Dunbar didn’t getting get drafted, and Jeff Wilson isn’t close to as good or consistent a as Lance was. 

• Upvote 3

giphy.gif

The best I think our guys may do is get a look in a rookie camp like Brelan/Trice did a few years ago.

As good as Wilson is, I'm afraid the NFL will see him as a 'durability issue'. 
Trevor Moore should get a look, and maybe he'll stick somewhere.   But there are only 32 Kickers in the league, that's it.
McClain... I don't see it anymore.   Had high hopes for him preseason.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TheFlyingWorm said:

Lance Dunbar didn’t getting get drafted, and Jeff Wilson isn’t close to as good or consistent a as Lance was. 

Major difference in Wilson and Dunbar is Size.  While Wilson isn't as good as Dunbar, he has the size to play in the NFL, for all of Dunbars traits, NFL size He is NOT

Edited by GreenN'walinsVet
  • Downvote 1