Some Post New Orleans Bowl Thoughts

MattMakesLoans

To that 'guy from Texas' who drunkenly dropped his handgun TWICE while getting on my elevator at midnight... go to hell. 

Otherwise, had a great time. Would do it again. Hope to do it again. NOLA is a special destination. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 2

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 10:15 AM, MattMakesLoans said:

The Game

You can’t turn the ball over that many times and win.  The refs were horrible.  I lost my voice yelling at those non-pass interference calls.  The team was competitive against a much physically larger team.

Game Day Experience 

The meet up at Borgne was fun.  We need to do more stuff like this.  I loved that the restaurant was packed with green.  We need to be able to do something like that at every away game.  I really like that they had Bowl game beads.

One thing I would suggest for anyone who’s connected with the alumni association, add a 50/50 raffle.  You’ve got a packed room that wants to support the program.  Capitalize on this type of momentum.  (At the Saints game the next day they grossed over 200k for a raffle).

Bowl Atmosphere 

It was cool seeing people out in green all weekend.  We need a cooler greeting than just saying “caw” at each other.

I wish more fans and specifically more students would have attended.  Teams that travel well,  get bigger, better bowl games.  

Bowl City

I wish the weather was better.  It was awesome on Sunday, it was just kind of cold on Friday & Saturday.  The Bourbon Street construction was a bummer.  The city and locals were more friendly and aware of the Bowl than those early 2000’s games.

Overall

Wife and I had fun.  Got to go to one of the best cities in the world and see my team play in an NFL stadium.  For future bowls (and I really believe this team will be going to future bowls) we should try to alternate between a local bowl and travel bowl every other year, with New Orleans as a destination every other away Bowl.

Go Mean Green!

I love your 50/50 raffle idea, but do not believe it is allowed at such “official” and University sponsored events. Something to do with “games of chance”. Just what I have been told.

Edit: P.S. I had a great time in NOLA.

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1