Ladies on ESPN3 Tonight

UNTLifer

63 UIC 63 UNT 2:28 to go

Lol. The refs just completely stole the game. with 20 secs to go and UNT down 1 point, they called a ghost double dribble on Bradley who slammed the ball down, not even super crazy hard, and got called for a really ridiculous technical. Rarely seen a more obvious fix than this game.

UIC wins 70-67. If I were Jalie I wouldn't shake the refs hands.

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, outoftown said:

63 UIC 63 UNT 2:28 to go

Lol. The refs just completely stole the game. with 20 secs to go and UNT down 1 point, they called a ghost double dribble on Bradley who slammed the ball down, not even super crazy hard, and got called for a really ridiculous technical. Rarely seen a more obvious fix than this game.

UIC wins 70-67. If I were Jalie I wouldn't shake the refs hands.

where was the double dribble?? Definitely some home cooking being done in Chicago. All in front of about a dozen spectators.

• Downvote 1

Only saw the last 10 minutes are so.   However, Bradley did clearly double dribble and slamming the bowl down like she did will get you a technical.  However, I am not sure either would be called in most games at the end to decide a game.  

If Holmes is lost for any length of time it could be a disaster.  They are already short handled and she is their best defender and overall the best or second best player.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

This was a tough loss. Without complaining about officiating, I don't think this was their best defensive effort. I know they will bounce back and apply that defense that is becoming their identity this year. Sometimes you have to lose one like this to get your mind right. They are clearly better than UIC, but looked a little sluggish tonight with the exception of Bradley. Hopefully Holmes will be okay. I still think this team does a lot during conference play. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2