Austin Westlake lost today

emmitt01

HELL YES!  I was sure that old Teflon Todd was going to buy his way into another state championship!  Still wouldn't piss on him if he were on fire!  I'll refrain from mentioning family member antics at the Western Kentucky game that Chico won after he was fired. 

Edit:  Holy crap!  The "system" only put up six points! LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!

Edited by oldguystudent
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 8

6 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

They won't be playing for a state title next week.

Just thought everyone would like to know what Todd Dodge is up to

It’s awesome to hear that a guy who is a great HS coach continues to have teams go deep in the playoffs again.

Its awesome to see that our leadership here at UNT would not hire a HS coach to lead a college football program anytime soon because of money.

Todd Dodge sucked as a college head coach. But the reality is that the AD and President of the school were to blame for his tenure here being so bad. Those are the ones who should be ripped. A real AD would’ve made it clear what kind of staff he needed to bring in. A real president would’ve found funds to run a program and pay for those coaches. And real leadership would’ve fired a guy after 5 wins in three seasons, not given a 4th year because it meant we would only have to buyout one year of a contract that paid around a whopping $300k a year.

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, THOR said:

why the f×&* would we care? quit living in the past man

Oh I'm sorry...is it now safe to stop reporting every time he or Riley do anything?

You heard it here first folks

And @untjim1995 don't absolve the man of his richly deserved failure.  His arrogance led to his 13% winning percentage.  And, shockingly, he has returned to his winning ways as soon as he has a team with vastly greater resources than the competition...how'd that Marble Falls thing work out?

• Downvote 3

19 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

They won't be playing for a state title next week.

Just thought everyone would like to know what Todd Dodge is up to

I follow Dodge here in Austin. He’s a stand up guy. I’m the rare breed that thinks if Dodge had been managed properly, he could have been successful at NT. Nonetheless, I paid particular interest to that semi (My wife went to Westlake) and the other semi (I went to Longview). Alas, both schools lost. 

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1

13 hours ago, greenjoe said:

I don't know why he continues to be referred to as the "Teflon Todd."  His repution here certainly has stuck to him a long time.  

I am the “proud” creator of that nickname. I was 100% against the hire and for the first few years, his idiotic mistakes and decisions continued to come down without any consequence. Nothing could stick to Denton’s Teflon Don. So I called him Teflon Todd. Not only did he drive the program into an abyss he also put NT in the national spotlight with the NAACP debacle. Good bye and good riddance. 

😡

Edited by Got5onIt
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 4

24 minutes ago, Got5onIt said:

I am the “proud” creator of that nickname. I was 100% against the hire and for the first few years, his idiotic mistakes and decisions continued to come down without any consequence. Nothing could stick to Denton’s Teflon Don. So I called him Teflon Todd. Not only did he drive the program into an abyss be also put NT in the national spotlight with the NAACP debacle. Good bye and good riddance. 

The national spotlight I believe was the drug testing situation.  The racial accusation was local and just that, an accusation in which his players defended him on and the NAACP found no merit in..

Rick

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, FirefightnRick said:

The national spotlight I believe was the drug testing situation.  The racial accusation was local and just that, an accusation in which his players defended him on and the NAACP found no merit in..

Rick

I don’t remember drug testing being an issue?? I thought it had to do with certain players feeling they were mistreated and were singled out, then kicked off the team? Several players quit as well.

• Downvote 2

12 minutes ago, Got5onIt said:

I don’t remember drug testing being an issue?? I thought it had to do with certain players feeling they were mistreated and were singled out, then kicked off the team? Several players quit as well.

He had the team drug tested then emailed someone(president,AD maybe) the results.  Which in turned opened it up to a FOI request.  This led to it being reported in the New York Times or WSJ, can't recall which?

Rick

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, EagleD said:

I follow Dodge here in Austin. He’s a stand up guy. I’m the rare breed that thinks if Dodge had been managed properly, he could have been successful at NT. Nonetheless, I paid particular interest to that semi (My wife went to Westlake) and the other semi (I went to Longview). Alas, both schools lost. 

I agree.