This is a tough pill to swallow, but

Matt from A700

1 hour ago, Matt from A700 said:

At the end of the day, very few predicted a nine-win regular season. Even less predicted a run at the conference championship game. These team exceeded our expectations going into the season and now a lot of us are guilty of forgetting that we were still a bad team last year, and horrific the year before that.

I, as well, was not a fan of going back to New Orleans. Probably more selfish reasons (graduated today) than the beliefs held by the alumnus on this board. We got our asses handed to us by Troy. It's ugly because we were supposed to be better than the Sun Belt, but let's not discredit Troy. They are a great team and conference champion of the "lowly" Sun Belt is nothing to scoff at.

We have Mason Fine and Jalen Guyton for two more years. Nic Smith is going to be a great replacement for Jeff Wilson. This defense has nowhere to go but up.

Yes, today sucked. But there will be even better times ahead for this team. I'm looking forward to taking advantage of my complimentary season tickets that every graduate was offered today in 2018. We have a great chance to start the year 2-0 and 3-1 heading into C-USA play. We will be back again even better next year.

From this new North Texas alum, I'm still proud of the effort this team put into the season, and I am excited to continue cheering them on. GMG! 

congrats on the degree!

• Lovely Take 1

4 hours ago, Matt from A700 said:

At the end of the day, very few predicted a nine-win regular season. Even less predicted a run at the conference championship game. These team exceeded our expectations going into the season and now a lot of us are guilty of forgetting that we were still a bad team last year, and horrific the year before that.

I, as well, was not a fan of going back to New Orleans. Probably more selfish reasons (graduated today) than the beliefs held by the alumnus on this board. We got our asses handed to us by Troy. It's ugly because we were supposed to be better than the Sun Belt, but let's not discredit Troy. They are a great team and conference champion of the "lowly" Sun Belt is nothing to scoff at.

We have Mason Fine and Jalen Guyton for two more years. Nic Smith is going to be a great replacement for Jeff Wilson. This defense has nowhere to go but up.

Yes, today sucked. But there will be even better times ahead for this team. I'm looking forward to taking advantage of my complimentary season tickets that every graduate was offered today in 2018. We have a great chance to start the year 2-0 and 3-1 heading into C-USA play. We will be back again even better next year.

From this new North Texas alum, I'm still proud of the effort this team put into the season, and I am excited to continue cheering them on. GMG! 

We need more of you on this board. 

• Upvote 3