This staff is ours until WE want them gone

emmitt01

7 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

I don't ever want to hear again how someone is going to steal our coaches.  

I don't ever want to hear again how we are too good to play a Sun Belt team

Troy is running a 7 on 7 drill against us, and getting ZERO resistance.  We aren't impressive unless we are playing inept teams

Well you can certainly say that about anyone coaching on the defensive side of the ball.

7 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

I don't ever want to hear again how someone is going to steal our coaches.  

I don't ever want to hear again how we are too good to play a Sun Belt team

Troy is running a 7 on 7 drill against us, and getting ZERO resistance.  We aren't impressive unless we are playing inept teams

I didn’t want to play the Sun Belt because I was worried (rightfully so) that we might get beat. Not that we were too good to play them, just not worth the risk.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

We are in this thing at halftime, despite another awful start.

The biggest thing that people don’t get is that this level of play, the lower G5’s, is all about QB play and defense. We have one of those. Therefore, when we play these G5’s, it is always going to come down to the play under the center. 

But to think we are better than Troy because they are SBC and we are CUSA is beyond stupid. Their top end is every bit as good as ours and their isn’t as bad as our worst this year.

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

My goodness. Could we stop bad mouthing a 10 win team that beat LSU and has a very good defense?

Troy is the worst university in a bottom five state in education. We are lowering our standards by even acknowledging them.

Let me know when DeVry has a program.

Edited by Ryan Munthe
  • Downvote 3

I mentioned in another thread that essentially our defense sucks and got down voted multiple times. What's wrong with good analysis even if it doesn't involve green kool-aid? 

Edited by chrisfisher
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Ryan Munthe said:

Troy is the worst university in a bottom five state in education. We are lowering our standards by even acknowledging them.

Let me know when DeVry has a program.

This is a football team and game not the academic decathlon. Hell, half the P5's would fit your comment above.   Guess we should never schedule North Carolina. 

45 minutes ago, unt_rocket09 said:

The fact y’all think we are above Troy. Shows the morons you are

People can hate in Troy, but I think most of the fans will admit Troy is a solid team, but the thing about Troy is 1 thing.. the SBC connection.. if Troy was in the Mac/MW etc everyone would have been happy..

Morons are individuals like Reff that allow Jenkins to get roasted non-stop all day.. 

1 minute ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

People can hate in Troy, but I think most of the fans will admit Troy is a solid team, but the thing about Troy is 1 thing.. the SBC connection.. if Troy was in the Mac/MW etc everyone would have been happy..

Morons are individuals like Reff that allow Jenkins to get roasted non-stop all day.. 

I agree with your fist paragraph. 

Troy is better than anyone in CUSA other than FAU.  Add in that we didn't play well and Fine was pretty bad even before he got beat up and there's isn't not surprising that we lost.  The positive is that whenever they talked about one of our players they would show their name and it would be followed by a "FR" or "SO".  We are still an incredible young team and it shows.

I'll give Jenkins a break this game.  He would play off when we blitz ... and our blitz never seemed to put pressure on the QB leaving the corners out to dry.  Often Jenkins had great coverage but #15 made some incredible catches that were really undefendable.  

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Really. You think people would be happy if we were playing Directional Michigan?