San Diego (12/16/17)

CMJ

Just now, ChristopherRyanWilkes said:

Fantastic win. San Diego was 8-2 and 59th in RPI rankings coming into this game. Winning on the road too. We are going to shock some people this season. 

Definitely a good win. First game I saw in full in a while, and feels like McCasland has them in the right direction, properly competitive.

Just now, ChristopherRyanWilkes said:

Fantastic win. San Diego was 8-2 and 59th in RPI rankings coming into this game. Winning on the road too. We are going to shock some people this season. 

You take away our one lose at home earlier this season and we have competed in every game. We are doing this now with essentially 8 scholarship players and a walk-on. With only one senior we have a bright future. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

2 minutes ago, ChristopherRyanWilkes said:

Which were both good wins because of the names they beat. Not very good years for either team. 

The difference in this one was it’s been building. Game on game, moment on moment. It’s not some random upset. It was going to happen as this team is just getting better 

• Lovely Take 1

7 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Looking like our next Calvin Watson! 

Smart is averaging 18.1 a game as a sophomore.

Watson averaged 15.7 as a senior, and his next highest season average for his career was 11.3.

If Smart keeps his average where it is at, he is in a class as a perimeter scorer at this stage in his career with Chris Davis and that's about it. At least as far back as I can see.

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

6 minutes ago, Mean_Green09 said:

The difference in this one was it’s been building. Game on game, moment on moment. It’s not some random upset. It was going to happen as this team is just getting better 

Absolutely. I wasn't as confident we'd win this one as you were, but I definitely would've been shocked to see this one be anything but competitive until the last few minutes.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Mean_Green09 said:

Agreed. Didn't get to watch the game as I had to go to work and am at work now but every game I've been able to watch has been better than the one before. During the Benford regime it never seemed like the team would get any better from one week to the next. Not the case with this staff. Love it!

• Lovely Take 1