DRC: Ennis safety high on UNT after visit to school

Brett Vito

1 minute ago, UNTLifer said:

Waiting on a perceived better offer? Love the cryptic messages.

You're a HS kid in todays day and age, where every kid in America commits via social media.  Then the Local Beat writer decides he has been getting "scooped" too much so he posted a blog article about you committing before you've been able to post anything.  What is the only way you can get a little bit of that fun back?  Announce your commitment yourself. 

• Lovely Take 1

Translation=I waiting to see if I get an offer from a bigger school.  He is not burning any bridges behind him.  Love the guys comment on the DRC article.  He is example of the  problem with Denton residents.  I bet he has never step a foot into the stadium and thinks UNT is burden on Denton.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

11 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

Translation=I waiting to see if I get an offer from a bigger school.  He is not burning any bridges behind him.  Love the guys comment on the DRC article.  He is example of the  problem with Denton residents.  I bet he has never step a foot into the stadium and thinks UNT is burden on Denton.

What are you talking about?  The kid had an Official Visit this weekend and loved it. 

Yes, he did but I think he is waiting for something better. It is like saying I will take you to prom but if that other hot chick says yes you are on your own.  This guys are young and it is hard for them to make a decision .  I hope he does sign with us but many time we hear this and a bigger school comes with an offer and we are left in the dust.  I just try not to get excited until we actually get someone signed.  I can't understand why anyone would go to anywhere else but UNT.  It was my first choice and I don't regret it at all.  I knew many of my fellow students say NTSU in those days was their fall back school. Many lived in denton during the week and went home for the weekends.  I never understood that, Denton was and is a fun place to go to school.

• Upvote 1

The kid likes/loves UNT is how I feel.. he has visited multiple times, and we were his first visit after his decommitment from LT, and he visited on his first or one of his first OV. 

Disappointed we didn’t get the commitment but hell, I’m happy he loved his time in Denton and we left an impression. Just don’t crap the bed in the bowl game have some of these kids change their mind.

I think (just a hunch, no info) he will eventually play at UNT.  I just think Vito wanted to report a commitment first for once, and the kid didn't want this out yet as that takes control away from him. I am not happy that it has to be a show for so many kids now, but that said, getting a FBS schollie is an achievement that deserves some celebration, I would just rather that celebration had a different form rather than the hat(item of your choice) selection.