College Gameday N.O Bowl predictions

Marty

7 hours ago, Marty said:

Desmond Howard, Herbstreit, and Corso all pick Troy. Guest Rob Riggle picks North Texas only because he liked Sinbad in Necessary Roughness.

Don't think any of them has a clue.

Unfortunately, they saw Troy beat LSU & win their conference.  Then they saw UNT get smashed by FAU.

I think they do have a clue.

• Upvote 8
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 2

They weren’t taking any of those picks seriously, which is fine...we will have to earn all that.  If our program just keeps its nose to the grindstone and winning games it’ll get noticed eventually.  I don’t think that particular piece of tv had much sway with recruits one way or another.  

Edited by tmjerm
  • Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, peanuts104 said:

Just like everyone picked army, or Southern Miss, or UTSA, or LA Tech, or etc........

Exactly.   Our guys have no problem entering a game as underdogs.  They believe in themselves, their system, and their abilities.

Army’s win today likely helped us look even better.  Unfortunately, they made their picks & the publications made their bowl rankings before that game shook out.

Keep this thing close in the 4th Quarter, & we win.  No doubt.

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, EagleD said:

I’ve met him a few times in the last few years. He really is a nice guy. A real family man as well. 

The picture I posted was at Dan's Silverleaf from a 35 Denton of a few years ago. We booked his daughter Paige Bryan to perform the festival and were pleasantly surprised when he showed up to support her and hang out.

• Upvote 1

I am taking NT in the confidence pool I play every year. Other than the guest picker referenced above, I haven't found a single prediction for an NT win. And I am feeling pretty good about my pick (not 39 point pick confidence...that is going to FAU...but confident). Just as my politics, I like the contrarian view, a very good stance for NT fans.

GMG

I predict UNT will win the New Orleans bowl.  This has been an incredible year for Mean Green Football, and you now represent the State of Texas in Conference USA during bowl season.  All of CUSA Texas schools (including my alma mater, UTSA) are rooting for UNT come Saturday vs. Troy.  I believe the Eagles will go in fired up, having fun, and scoring a lot of points in the win.

All the best, and congratulations on a great season. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 2