NT Schedules Home/Home with Cal & Wyoming!

MeanGreenTexan

43 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

UNT Hosts WYOMING first.    UNT travels to CAL first.

North Texas-Cal Future Series Information
- Sept. 14, 2019 North Texas at Cal (Berkeley)

(Reasonable) Road Trip!!!!

This is the first time I could say that in my 20 years out here. Thank you Wren!!! 

Edited by Shuke-D
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Only others I can think of in THIS decade are KSSt, Houston, Indiana & Army.  Last Decade, Baylor & Navy.  90's (before my time)... Tech?
I kinda think KSSt (maybe even Houston... also back on the schedule!) may hold more weight around here.

90s we played much bigger names. Off the top of my head Missouri, Kansas, Oregan State, Oklahoma, LSU, Alabama, Louisville, Arizona State, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt, Boise State, Utah State, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech, Nebraska, Houston, Baylor, and TCU were all opponents. I'm sure I left a few out.

2 minutes ago, UNTexas said:

90s we played much bigger names. Off the top of my head Missouri, Kansas, Oregan State, Oklahoma, LSU, Alabama, Louisville, Arizona State, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt, Boise State, Utah State, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech, Nebraska, Houston, Baylor, and TCU were all opponents. I'm sure I left a few out.

Oklahoma, LSU, and Alabama came to Denton? 

3 hours ago, oldguystudent said:

Oklahoma, LSU, and Alabama came to Denton? 

Not Denton. We played them. When we went D1 we had the real deal when it came to sceduling. We use to invite teams to play us at Texas Stadium because no one wanted to come to our cricket infested dumpy stadium. Oregon State came in 95 and we beat them at home. Kansas was good back then and came to Texas Stadium. Same with A&M and Army. We gave A&M a scare too. I don't know why we stopped playing some of these teams. I guess RV's 1 bodybag/FCS recipe came into affect. I really like SMU annually though because its good for both teams. I heard we want to start playing Houston a lot more. It's good for recruiting. I'd like Tech more even though they'd shred us right now.

Glad to see we are going out west again.  It’s been a long time.  I was at Air Force and Arizona State during jake the 🐍 snake’s reign.  Those were some fun roadies and happy cal and Wyoming will be visiting NewDenton.

GMG

10 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

http://www.meangreensports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/120717aaa.html

North Texas-Cal Future Series Information
- Sept. 14, 2019 North Texas at Cal (Berkeley)
- Sept. 10, 2022 Cal at North Texas (Denton)

North Texas-Wyoming Future Series Information
- Sept. 30, 2023 Wyoming at North Texas (Denton)
- Sept. 5, 2026 North Texas at Wyoming (Laramie)

Also brings in another FCS team for 2022... (Booo!)  ... but at least it's SFA (Yay!)

North Texas-Stephen F. Austin Future Game Information
- Sept. 3, 2022 Stephen F. Austin at North Texas (Denton)

Nice Moves by WB!!

Shame that the trip to Laramie isn't late September like the game in Denton. Last year we flew into Denver and spent a few days in Colorado and Wyoming before going to Logan to watch A-State and the aspen trees in Colorado were changing color. That's worth seeing.

Laramie is a small city (think around 30k). We went by the stadium after stopping for gas. It's a really nice trip, some neat history and historic buildings. With it being Labor Day weekend put that on your road game travel plans. When they sell out basically 1 in every 20 resident of the state is there.

Also their reputation is for traveling well, supposedly one of the best traveling fan bases in G5 heckuva good G5 pickup.

Cal? Any P5 pick up is good.

• Thanks 1