Huge week ahead in terms of Recruiting

TheReal_jayD

39 minutes ago, Caw Caw said:

God... it's been so empty here... I'm getting desperate. Do we expect a large blue-shirt crop or are we pretty close to being caught up on Schollys?

I expect them to not use as many blue shirts this year but I do expect several Mid term signers this year. 

22 minutes ago, AustinFromUNT said:

Do you have a list of who all is visiting?

I do have a list started I usually try to release it if possible once the students arrive 

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

38 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Did we offer him a scholarship?    He has a ton of PWO offers from big schools.  He's likely not coming here without the scholarship.

This is exactly the same scenario  in which we landed Moore in my recollection.  Worth every penny in hindsight.  Another disadvantage for g5 is we have to give full scholarships to kickers while p5's can get away with PWO... believe me the p5 will use that same scholarship for a big defensive lineman.

4 minutes ago, Harry said:

This is exactly the same scenario  in which we landed Moore in my recollection.  Worth every penny in hindsight.  Another disadvantage for g5 is we have to give full scholarships to kickers while p5's can get away with PWO... believe me the p5 will use that same scholarship for a big defensive lineman.

Yep.  I totally agree, and I hope SL also agrees with us.   Understood on P5s, but we must recognize where we are & the importance of the kicker where we are.   Without a clutch Moore, we possibly lose both UAB & Army this year.
If we want an elite kicker, we're gonna need to use one of our 25/85 on him.   
Want to risk having Knott2.0?  Just offer PWO to all kickers & see which one sticks.

• Lovely Take 2

Twitter says 6'5" 250. Hudl says 6'5" 245. Former Euluss Trinity Player. Kind of difficult to track down a lot on this kid, especially for someone who went to trinity. Maybe one of our more trojan friendly fans has the scoop. There was a Laki Saafi, who played LB at the all-district level his Jr. year in 2015, was moved to almost purely a blocking tight end in 2016 as a senior and got first team all-district. He was however listed at 6'1". There was also a Josh Saafi at trinity but maxpreps says he graduated in 2012... so maybe like TJ, goes by two names and is also related to the 2012 Saafi from trinity. Saw an article that i could no longer find that Josh got injured his senior year, last year with some sort of arm ligament issue and sat most of the season so his options dwindled. Honestly, I keep looking but don't know.

1 hour ago, Cerebus said:

Question for the recruiting guys... With McMillan's size he seems like a DE (basically the same size as Hamilton)... But with him being a DE/OLB type any potential he could be playing the Jack position next year? Honestly would love to see him at the Jack because of his size with a DL of English, Young, Hamilton.. that is pretty heavy/strong push-rusher group..  

• Lovely Take 1

18 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Question for the recruiting guys... With McMillan's size he seems like a DE (basically the same size as Hamilton)... But with him being a DE/OLB type any potential he could be playing the Jack position next year? Honestly would love to see him at the Jack because of his size with a DL of English, Young, Hamilton.. that is pretty heavy/strong push-rusher group..  

If I had to guess in the current system, he'd be a true DE.

If you look over the last few years our heaviest LB has been BG at 230. The 3-3-5 needs guys that can move well in zone blitz schemes, as well as laterally to the flats/up the seams. That's why McDonald, being a former safety, played so much. Gotta be able to cover space. JoJo will likely take over for Wheeler at the Jack with Ejiya/BG starting going into the spring. I won't be surprised to see a kid like Brown(if he commits) starting in the middle when it's all said and done.