UT San Antonio is not going bowling

TheReal_jayD

Serious question here ... I thought there was an NCAA rule that stated all teams with winning records HAD to be invited first to bowls ... THEN it fell to teams that went 6-6 ... and then if there were no more teams at 6-6 ... THEN it went to 5-7 teams like us last year.  Is this not a thing anymore?  Cuz as much as I don't like UTSA they did deserve to go more than say 6-6 MUTS.    In a related note, how did the Armed Forces Bowl avoid taking a CUSA team and nab a Mountain West team instead?  I guess contractual obligations don't mean that much?

2 minutes ago, TreeFiddy said:

Happy for Joe.  Been afraid we were going to get a post from his wife soon if your blood pressure didn't go down some.

Ha! That's funny. She has been keeping a close watch on me all day. But, happy to say, as old as I am, I am in solid health and take no medication. Sorry to disappoint some on this board.

It is okay with me that UTSA is staying home and I am even happier to see New Mexico State going to the Arizona Bowl.   We had some great games with them during our Sun Belt years .  They are leaving the Sun Belt and going Independent.   That is a tough road to go but I wish them well.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

2 hours ago, vpackrats said:

Serious question here ... I thought there was an NCAA rule that stated all teams with winning records HAD to be invited first to bowls ... THEN it fell to teams that went 6-6 ... and then if there were no more teams at 6-6 ... THEN it went to 5-7 teams like us last year.  Is this not a thing anymore?  Cuz as much as I don't like UTSA they did deserve to go more than say 6-6 MUTS.    In a related note, how did the Armed Forces Bowl avoid taking a CUSA team and nab a Mountain West team instead?  I guess contractual obligations don't mean that much?

in the conference's official example, it uses 7 wins, in parenthesis, as the qualifier for a winning record

cusa traded with camelia and did some other junk to get 9 teams in bowls instead of 8...

Edited by THOR
  • Thanks 1