Not a lot of Respect for UNT on the Troy Football Message Board

Harry

Here's one of the first trojan (pack) salvos-

" Love New Orleans so I'm very happy about that. Not really happy we're playing UNT. Never really liked them, and I'm afraid we're going to crush them. Was hoping for a tougher opponent. Not sure we'd beat Toledo, but I would have rather played them, or even Western Kentucky. North Texas has zero brand name recognition.

They can score points, but that plays right into our hands. Not many teams can do anything versus us. It took Arkansas State's vaunted offense 57 minutes to get past 13 points. UNT's defense is atrocious, so we should be able to move the ball at will. "

• Lovely Take 1

Just now, MeanMag said:

So I guess we are not allowed to be disappointed because they are too.

I feel like we are back in the Sun Belt. But, Hooray? I guess...

Is that better?

No, I am disappointed. Just a reality check that we're not that much higher up on the totem pole than them. A couple more seasons like this one should fix that.

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, brooks91 said:

No, I am disappointed. Just a reality check that we're not that much higher up on the totem pole than them. A couple more seasons like this one should fix that.

Almost everyone here knows that we were in the Sun Belt with them, and most here also were hoping not to have to play Sun Belt teams in Sun Belt Bowls after leaving for CUSA. That's the reality.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

We should never be in this mess.  I put this on the genises who put us into 1-AA years ago, which diluted our brand recognition.  How many 'students' does Troy have?  Who's ever heard of them?  Their fan base covers 4 square miles.

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, drex said:

We should never be in this mess.  I put this on the genises who put us into 1-AA years ago, which diluted our brand recognition.  How many 'students' does Troy have?  Who's ever heard of them?  Their fan base covers 4 square miles.

Do not look at admissions standards, if there are any.

The team got what it seems like they wanted.  Now they need to post a W.  Lots of momentum to be had by coming away with a victory against another conference's champ. 

I don't think there is any way that were are in a position to beat FSU this year.  Our defense has been exposed badly when going up against athletic competition and FSU will have plenty of athletes.

2 hours ago, DeepGreen said:

Here's one of the first trojan (pack) salvos-

" Love New Orleans so I'm very happy about that. Not really happy we're playing UNT. Never really liked them, and I'm afraid we're going to crush them. Was hoping for a tougher opponent. Not sure we'd beat Toledo, but I would have rather played them, or even Western Kentucky. North Texas has zero brand name recognition.

They can score points, but that plays right into our hands. Not many teams can do anything versus us. It took Arkansas State's vaunted offense 57 minutes to get past 13 points. UNT's defense is atrocious, so we should be able to move the ball at will. "

I'm not really a big fan of playing a sun belt team... But after seeing this post, I want to beat the tar out of them and run up the score. 

Y'all are playing #2 in CUSA, get over yourselves...

• Upvote 1

What do you expect from them? We ditched their conference. They won’t be holding on to their coach long, then like FAU they will sink back to the dregs. So stupid for them to act high and mighty. It is a terrible university in the middle of nowhere. Having a decent football team a couple of years isn’t going to change that. I watched a game they lost, I think Salabama? They are perfectly capable of losing to NT too.

3 hours ago, Harry said:

Here is a link to the Troy Football Board:  http://troyfans.com/board/2/troy-football

Here is a link to their New Orleans Bowl discussion:  http://troyfans.com/thread/4289/official-new-orleans-bowl-bound

I appreciate you trying to stir up some emotion toward this game.  I really do.  I hope I get more excited about this game as we get closer to game day in less than two weeks. Pretty much worst case scenario for Jeff Wilson.  Right now I’m still too butthurt over...

• Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1