DRC: UNT headed to New Orleans Bowl

Brett Vito

Probably a good fit this year but not every year. We don't need to get back in our old habits of going backwards (program-wise) after looking like we've gone forward. Playing a Sun Belt team anytime will give that appearance no matter what OldDenton types write or say.  (Did any of those people ever take Psychology 101 for crissakes)?

Early bowl game let's our coaches get back to recruiting before the first signing date? Gotta find a silver lining in some of this.  

Best thing that still took place in New Orleans IMHO is we kicked the bloody British (my ancestors) in the War of 1812's Battle of New Orleans.

GMG!

👏👏👏👏👏 Nevertheless, congrats to SL & a very deserving  MEAN GREEN football team plus...all this after SL has still only had 2 recruiting classes for heaven's sake?!?!👍👍

➡️❇️➡️  BEAT THE HELL OUT OF HELEN'S FAVORITE TEAM!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 4

Nothing like upstaging the Athletic Dept in announcing this before they did. Statement sent out that there would be an announcement around 2:30PM.  The Brett goes and spoils the party!  Well, not really a surprise.  My hotel room and transportation to New Orleans is set.  Let's go BOWLING!  Beat Troy!

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 16

1 minute ago, KRAM1 said:

Nothing like upstaging the Athletic Dept in announcing this before they did. Statement sent out that there would be an announcement around 2:30PM.  The Brett goes and spoils the party!  Well, not really a surprise.  My hotel room and transportation to New Orleans is set.  Let's go BOWLING!  Beat Troy!

In defense of the DRC.  Players have already started tweeting about it as well

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 2

Just now, GreenN'walinsVet said:

In defense of the DRC.  Players have already started tweeting about it as well

Well, that does make a bit of difference.  Now wondering why the Athletic Dept is waiting so long to "officially" announce?  Maybe they want to announce travel packages or ticket sales, etc.  OK...let's go Bowling...Acme Oyster House here I come!  Beat Troy!

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 3

5 minutes ago, TreeFiddy said:

It is awesome to hear that you were able to use your connections to make sure you were able to book your trip while the rest of us had to wait until most things were sold out.  

You are funny...absolutely NO info from Athletic Dept or UNT or ANYONE associated with UNT in ANY capacity.  Just a friend who knows how to search the internet and has a lot of experience going to bowl games.  Took a risk and booked before the announcement.  You could have done the same had you thought to use the internet.  Not hard to google CUSA Bowl Team Hotels.  

But, thanks for always jumping to conclusions. Maybe if you had an internet savvy friend.....

EDIT: BTW...as of now...nothing is sold out.  So, fake news from Tree Fiddy...Ha!

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 4

:sigh: Oh, well. I'll have to block out all sports and wait till Monday to watch the game. Like @Ryan Munthe, the wife and I will be at Day For Night in Houston that whole weekend.

Congrats to our team, though. I can understand how the easiest shot at 10 wins means a lot for the AD as a whole.

Edited by Christopher Walker
  • Sad 2

7 minutes ago, KRAM1 said:

You are funny...absolutely NO info from Athletic Dept or UNT or ANYONE associated with UNT in ANY capacity.  Just a friend who knows how to search the internet and has a lot of experience going to bowl games.  Took a risk and booked before the announcement.  You could have done the same had you thought to use the internet.  Not hard to google CUSA Bowl Team Hotels.  

But, thanks for always jumping to conclusions. Maybe if you had an internet savvy friend.....

EDIT: BTW...as of now...nothing is sold out.  So, fake news from Tree Fiddy...Ha!

Maybe if you are planning to drive to New Orleans.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, KRAM1 said:

KRAM1, after you booked your Big Easy hotel other day that was a dead give-away to me! LOL!😆

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, TreeFiddy said:

Maybe if you are planning to drive to New Orleans.

Driving with friends....you know...you are so off base with your unfounded and Fake News criticism of my post that it really is humorous how fast you jumped to criticize me and pound your own chest.  

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 4

1. So we are going back to the worst nationally perceived bowl of the season

2. Has the lowest payout or second lowest by far

3. in the last 40+ years we have been to two bowls seem like some variety would be nice.

4. A better perceived bowl  and better payout.

5. Too early before people are set for bowls

6. Set During graduation 

7. Last full weekend before Christmas for shopping

8. Scheduled the weekend when most company christmas/holiday parties are scheduled

9. A step backward playing in a Belt bowl

10. We are playing in a bowl we are expected to win, against a team we could easily lose to.  So if we win no glory if we lose we lost to the crappy belt. 

11. I am have no intention of going to this crappy bowl.

This is the worst think I have seen in a while, is RV around? 

Everyone realizes that there's a very good chance several of our bowl-eligible conference mates don't get a bowl invite, right? 

No one is playing a P5. A few are maybe playing lower-level MWC & AAC teams. If anything, be mad at the commissioner. But really, this is just the reality of CFB and our conference's place in it. I've been saying for a while that it's time for a split and a separate G5 tournament to compete with Holiday bowls. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ChristopherRyanWilkes said:

Everyone realizes that there's a very good chance several of our bowl-eligible conference mates don't get a bowl invite, right? 

No one is playing a P5. A few are maybe playing lower-level MWC & AAC teams. If anything, be mad at the commissioner. But really, this is just the reality of CFB and our conference's place in it. I've been saying for a while that it's time for a split and a separate G5 tournament to compete with Holiday bowls. 

UTSA (6-5) is rumored to have not received a bowl invite. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, KingDL1 said:

1. So we are going back to the worst nationally perceived bowl of the season

2. Has the lowest payout or second lowest by far

3. in the last 40+ years we have been to two bowls seem like some variety would be nice.

4. A better perceived bowl  and better payout.

5. Too early before people are set for bowls

6. Set During graduation 

7. Last full weekend before Christmas for shopping

8. Scheduled the weekend when most company christmas/holiday parties are scheduled

9. A step backward playing in a Belt bowl

10. We are playing in a bowl we are expected to win, against a team we could easily lose to.  So if we win no glory if we lose we lost to the crappy belt. 

11. I am have no intention of going to this crappy bowl.

This is the worst think I have seen in a while, is RV around? 

What was your record prediction at  the beginning of the year?? Bet we beat the hell out of it.  GMG 

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1