DRC: Five thoughts on UNT's loss to FAU

Brett Vito

5  Thoughts on the game

1.   FAU is a top 25 team.

2.  Line help is needed on both  sides of the ball.

3.  Mason Fine might get to 4000 yards on the season.  (3,749 yards and counting)  

4.  It's too bad  both FAU games were played in Florida.  

UNT plays better at home, and Apogee would have been packed and loud.

5.  The FAU fumble at the goal line with1:09 left was totally funny.    

• Upvote 1

My five thoughts after this game:

1.) Fans who bitch about us playing in a bowl game against an opponent they don’t like, because the conference we play in has us slotted to play there, really make us look dumb to other fans.

2.) FAU has risen because they are riding the Probation Rocket: Risky Coaches, risky players, and lots of talent to be had in a state full of great high school football.

3.) Our pass defense is Todd Dodge Bad...

4.) We won our division because we didn’t have that much competition in the West—it was down compared to normal years.

5.) No matter what, this year has been a really huge improvement and shows us that SL has the makings of being a great head coach in the years ahead, wherever that may be.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

9 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

4.) We won our division because we didn’t have that much competition in the West—it was down compared to normal years.

We are also only going to get better. A team full of Freshmen and Sophomores got us there. Yes some seniors had their moments like Wilson, Moore, and McClain, but our core offense is coming back and will be that much better next year, hungry for that championship. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

My five thoughts after this game:

1.) Fans who bitch about us playing in a bowl game against an opponent they don’t like, because the conference we play in has us slotted to play there, really make us look dumb to other fans.

2.) FAU has risen because they are riding the Probation Rocket: Risky Coaches, risky players, and lots of talent to be had in a state full of great high school football.

3.) Our pass defense is Todd Dodge Bad...

5.) No matter what, this year has been a really huge improvement and shows us that SL has the makings of being a great head coach in the years ahead, wherever that may be.

I love your excuses when you get your butts kicked twice 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Have fun in your Poulon Weed Eater Bowl

Hope you guys are on the schedule next year so we mark a solid win to start.

• Downvote 7

10 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

This is a bit of a mischaracterizarion. In fact, respect for how good Troy is on the field this year was one of the main arguments against playing in it. Not because we are somehow superior to them. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, TreeFiddy said:

When I go to this link: http://www.espn.com/college-football/boxscore?gameId=400955152 the highlight of the play where he fumbles is playing in the upper right hand part of the screen.

You know what the funny part is, we could have fumbled 3 more times and still won.

Funny and quite sad actually.  

Were you guys just not motivated again or did you bring the wives again?

• Downvote 8

1 minute ago, Dusky said:

You know what the funny part is, we could have fumbled 3 more times and still won.

Classy, classy post from a typical douche canoe from South Florida.  That Miami loss last night must have crushed you last night.  Still wearing your green and orange?  Amirite?

• Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Dusky said:

Total stab in the dark here.  You are:

- In your early to mid twenties

- Working an entry level job 

- Single (but is TOTALLY not because of your caustic personality) or, if you aren't single, the girlfriend is "frustrated"

- A "lifetime" FAU fan...if lifetimes were measured in months

Don't bother responding, we both know I'm spot on

Edited by emmitt01
  • Haha 3

27 minutes ago, Dusky said:

Congrats to FAU on their victory.  I'm sure it was particularly satisfying for all their fan.

Edited by LongJim
  • Haha 6

11 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

Very true.  This same team probably would not have won the west of the past.  The conference championship game shows we have a long way to go to win a championship.    

Hopefully we can recruit some athletes from last chance U to get some help on both sides of the line and at linebacker

• Downvote 1

NT won the East because they were the best team.   Despite their poor showing against FAU, they were the second best team in the league.  Stop with all this NT only won because the East was sub-par.  This is the same mindset as NT only won 27 straight in the Belt because of the poor state of the conference.  

NT was a surprising good team this year and greatly deserved all their success.  

• Thanks 1

Agreed.  Perhaps the West was down because UNT was the new standard bearer and was up.  Will it be easy to blow through conference next year undefeated again?  I think not as UTSA, La Tech, UAB and Southern Miss will be amped up for derailing our show.

Enjoy this year because every year is different and this one was special.

GMG

43 minutes ago, greenminer said:

I still need to watch the replay, but was wondering

Was Wilson’s absence a factor in the pass protection game? Is this something to be concerned about against Troy?

I can remember at least once, but there could have been more, where our RB missed a block,  and had Fine had to scramble. Wilson was missed. 

• 2 months later...
On 12/3/2017 at 10:06 AM, emmitt01 said:

Total stab in the dark here.  You are:

- In your early to mid twenties

- Working an entry level job 

- Single (but is TOTALLY not because of your caustic personality) or, if you aren't single, the girlfriend is "frustrated"

- A "lifetime" FAU fan...if lifetimes were measured in months

Don't bother responding, we both know I'm spot on

Just checking in emmitt,

All my responses were in response to your message board and their childish excuses.  

I had never come across a board with so many ridiculous excuses for two ass whoppin’s.

Sometimes in life you just have to say we got beat by a better team and a better coaching staff but most on this board responded with excuses like we brought the coaches wives, pathetic.

As far as you silly comments, look in a mirror. Say to yourself damn it, people like me. I hope it works, you’re probably not the idiot you come off as.

I’ll check back in after the next ass whopping.

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 2

8 hours ago, Dusky said:

Just checking in emmitt,

All my responses were in response to your message board and their childish excuses.  

I had never come across a board with so many ridiculous excuses for two ass whoppin’s.

Sometimes in life you just have to say we got beat by a better team and a better coaching staff but most on this board responded with excuses like we brought the coaches wives, pathetic.

As far as you silly comments, look in a mirror. Say to yourself damn it, people like me. I hope it works, you’re probably not the idiot you come off as.

I’ll check back in after the next ass whopping.

Dusky, you're just one of a thousand reasons people think FAU should have stayed in the Sun Belt.

14 minutes ago, Dusky said:

😂

That’s ok we’ll be moving to the AAC in few years anyway, after a few more years of whopping you.  Btw that’s after having a program for 20 years.  How long have you guys been trying to play football?

20 years... not short enough to be an upstart on a unquestionable upward trajectory (after all FAU sucked for a decade before Kiffin) and not long enough to have real tradition.

• Upvote 1

This is why sometimes I prefer r/cfb.  Fans on there are much, much more cordial with each other -- even if they're from FAU, UTSA, or SMU.

Puffing your chest out because a bunch of kids you don't know who attend your school for the sole purpose of throwing a leather bound bladder around can do it better than a bunch of kids we don't know who attend our school for the sole purpose of throwing a leather bound bladder around is a very strange concept to me.  

I'm happy when UNT does well, but it in no way makes me feel like a superior person.  Likewise, when UNT does poorly, I don't feel like less of a person.  

Go out there and forge your own identity, kid.