Post Game Thoughts (R-E-L-A-X)

CaribbeanGreen

We'll be alright....we just all be disappointed. 

Honestly, I watched the "highlights" of our first game with FAU for the first time just yesterday and I was blown away by their team speed & I mean---I WAS BLOWN AWAY!  I had hope today--we all had hope today, but we going to have to recruit all future hope and I won't mind if we get about 4 JUCO's who can play many, many minutes next Fall.

GMG!

PS:  I think back to the 1981 season which was Bob Tyler's "only' season when we won 1 game.  Might have been the worst season for many of us Mean Green fans who can still remember. Nothing will ever get that bad again. 

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 2

Post game.

1- Reff needs to go and no debate about it.. 

2- if we go to the NO bowl, it’s a huge disappointment because this was a special season that should result in a better opponent than a SBC team..

3- We lost fans interest after the FAU beatdown 1.0, the bowl game if you want to get the hype back and going into the offseason.. a simple 1 score win will not do it because of the opponent.. If we play in the NO, they (the staff and AD office) have elected to go the easy rout instead of facing a bigger school.. Yes Troy maybe a better team than TT, KSU, etc but they have are a no name school to most alumni.. leading to it being viewed as a poor loss.. playing in the NO bowl needs to result in a USM like result if you want to pump up this fan base...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 7

57 minutes ago, CaribbeanGreen said:

This was a 9 win team - one of the best in Denton in YEARS if not ever - despite the spell one team has over us (in their place, mind you). 

giphy.gif

I’m not convinced this team would beat the ‘13 or ‘03  9-win teams.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

4 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Post game.

2- if we go to the NO bowl, it’s a huge disappointment because this was a special season that should result in a better opponent than a SBC team..

3- We lost fans interest after the FAU beatdown 1.0, the bowl game if you want to get the hype back and going into the offseason.. a simple 1 score win will not do it because of the opponent.. If we play in the NO, they (the staff and AD office) have elected to go the easy rout instead of facing a bigger school.. Yes Troy maybe a better team than TT, KSU, etc but they have are a no name school to most alumni.. leading to it being viewed as a poor loss.. playing in the NO bowl needs to result in a USM like result if you want to pump up this fan base...

Learn how bowl teams are selected. I look forward not seeing at NO! GMG 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Ole Green Guts said:

The reactions on the board and social media are definitely knee jerk..... the sky is falling. What did you really expect to happen vs a team that totally blew us out earlier in the season. Only chance we could have had was to play FAU at home. Face it, Evernote wants to post a “HOT TAKE” to be the one who said it first. 

Come me back to reality. This was a great regular season and we should ALL BE PROUD of the team, coaches and athletic department. We are well on our way to being a relevant program. 

Relevant programs don't get their brains beat out on national television. 

• Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 9

Just now, Ole Green Guts said:

The reactions on the board and social media are definitely knee jerk..... the sky is falling. What did you really expect to happen vs a team that totally blew us out earlier in the season. Only chance we could have had was to play FAU at home. Face it, Evernote wants to post a “HOT TAKE” to be the one who said it first. 

Come me back to reality. This was a great regular season and we should ALL BE PROUD of the team, coaches and athletic department. We are well on our way to being a relevant program. 

Agree man — we are all proud of the team —but come on can we let people vent their frustrations about a second game ditto  performance against a g5 on a national stage that was disappointing?  Tomorrow I am right there with u.  GMG

8 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Post game.

How?

None of those kinds of bowls (Indy/HoD) are going to invite the C-USA runner up, especially with the way we were just dispatched.  

Our choices just went down to the C-USA tie-ins.

Now, our choices are NO, NM, Boca Raton, St. Pete, Armed Forces (against Army again).  That’s it, unless some wacky dominoes fall & the Indy bowl is there, I just don’t see it). 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Ole Green Guts said:

I don’t think 1 person here would ne disappointed in this season.. but people can be disappointed in parts of it.. Reffs defense was bad.. Settling for the NO bowl is bad.. 

its bad because we should want to be the ugly of the 2 teams in the match up..Yes, Troy is better than TT likely, but most alumni likely have no idea about that.. Play someone like TT and as SL says “best their asses” and you energize an entire fan base..

• Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 2

7 minutes ago, Ole Green Guts said:

Not really any different from other boards when you team looses! Check out LSU!!!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

I don’t think 1 person here would ne disappointed in this season.. but people can be disappointed in parts of it.. Reffs defense was bad.. Settling for the NO bowl is bad.. 

its bad because we should want to be the ugly of the 2 teams in the match up..Yes, Troy is better than TT likely, but most alumni likely have no idea about that.. Play someone like TT and as SL says “best their asses” and you energize an entire fan base..

Although I agree, it’s just not in the cards.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

If we play in the NO, they (the staff and AD office) have elected to go the easy rout instead of facing a bigger school.. Yes Troy maybe a better team than TT, KSU, etc but they have are a no name school to most alumni.. leading to it being viewed as a poor loss.. playing in the NO bowl needs to result in a USM like result if you want to pump up this fan base...

Sounds like you would turn down a NO Bowl invite and sit at home.  I’m glad you’re not in our AD.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

15 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

Is TCU relevant?  What record did you predict for this team at the start of the year?  I predicted 8-4 and was called a homer by many. While I am disappointed in today's loss, I am proud of this team and excited about our future. I got off of here early because of all of the knee jerk comments that drive me crazy. We will be fine.

Oh, and it is lose not loose. 

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Although I agree, it’s just not in the cards.

The logic that this stuff is not in the cards is hilarious.. I know for a fact that we have had discussions with bowl games we, nor the conference have any tie in with in FL (Vito even confirmed it on the last podcast following Army)... UNT has proven it can draw and bring fans to local games, the NO in the past and HoD.. Indy passing up UNT for a LT/USM would just show this admin settled for 2nd best..

• Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 2

We lost to what is probably the 2nd or 3rd best G5 program by 24. Losing by 24 sucks, but as much as I hate to admit it, FAU is really good this season. So yeah, feel angry that we lost, but remember where we were 2 years ago, and even last year. 1-11 to 5-8 to 9-4 + a bowlgame still to play. That’s an extra 4 wins per year. 13-1 next season?

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Sounds like you would turn down a NO Bowl invite and sit at home.  I’m glad you’re not in our AD.

I never once said that.. I’m a fan and I’m not going because it’s a bottom feeder bowl.. The admin has choices for bowls, and they should go.. but again we should not be happy with a bottom feeder bowl game.. 

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, AustinFromUNT said:

We lost to what is probably the 2nd or 3rd best G5 program by 24. Losing by 24 sucks, but as much as I hate to admit it, FAU is really good this season. So yeah, feel angry that we lost, but remember where we were 2 years ago, and even last year. 1-11 to 5-8 to 9-4 + a bowlgame still to play. That’s an extra 4 wins per year. 13-1 next season?

FAU was 3-9 last year..  10-3 this year.. I would take the FAU angle any day of the week.. 

Fans are not upset st the season, they are upset we are settling for 2nd best or even worse in the bowl game most likely...

• Downvote 1

In times like these I often turn to Janis for consolation and advice. A horrible, non-competitive showing by the Mean Green and the possibility of an unpopular bowl offer...what should I do, Janis?

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

Wisconsin lost to Ohio State 59-0 couple of years ago when WI was number 11.  Few years prior to that Nebraska lost to Wisconsin 70-31 and both highly ranked teams.  You might also want to check out results of the SEC championship games over the years....a ton of ass whippings.  It's college football...routs just happen.  That being said there's nothing wrong saying FAU is just the better team right now top to bottom...it's not a knock on our guys and our future/potential.

• Upvote 1