***OFFICIAL UNT VS. FAU C-USA CONF CHAMP GAME THREAD***

Harry

Just now, Side Show Joe said:

That score was completely unnecessary. Classless. Hope he dropped it before he crossed.

Not only did we get destroyed today, this stupid classless act will be viewed nationally by making fun of FAU’s Leon Lett moment.  It comes at our expense for all to see.  

2 minutes ago, Side Show Joe said:

That score was completely unnecessary. Classless. Hope he dropped it before he crossed.

It wasn’t some sort of trickery. A simple run that our defense didn’t stop. Hopefully Seth and the staff take note and get more aggressive. We would have just taken a knee. I have no problem with teams playing to score. 

Just now, BTG_Fan1 said:

Not classless at all.. the defense did not even touch the guy.. FAU is still playing it easy on us.. 

I agree, the defense didn't even lay a glove on him, and it is their fault. But with a 1:34 in the 4th, and up 24 points, all FAU had to do was hand the ball off up the middle and run out the clock.

Just now, jacksondf said:

9 sacks.  Enough said

This is not all on the OL. Sure Sue you understand this. 

It's first on the defense for keeping the offense into a hole. 

Secondly on the offense game plan for sucking something fierce...Coaching staff...

Thirdly, on Mason Fine for treating his valuable time in the pocket like a Spa Day...

Lastly, on the OL.  

• Downvote 4

29 minutes ago, bleedgreen4ever said:

Not sure what you're arguing about here honestly. I never said they aren't more athletic but they are in no way leaps and bounds more athletic. Inspiration and passion deals with a lot of factors in a game and now late in the game their intensity has made them play better which is proof that it is not just FAU being so much more athletic than us to merit an embarrassing blowout twide in a season. But yeah man, lets just say FAU deserves to be mentioned as a playoff contender since they're so darn athetlic.

How about if we agree to disagree?  We're on the same side after all.  

To provide an answer, however, I think the basic argument is that when two teams with comparable football skills play a game, the one with superior athletes will generally show up on the scoreboard.  In the case of these two teams, one team showed themselves to be significantly superior not once, but twice.  That usually means neither result was a fluke.   Obviously a lot of things go into athletic competition: bounces of the ball, luck, penalties, injuries, heart and soul, coaching decisions, the weather, etc., but holding everything else constant, the team with the better athletes usually wins.  When the wins are so lopsided, that signals a significant gap in athletic ability (speed, strength, size, mobility, vision) -- in my opinion.  I think we just disagree on how wide that gap is, that's all.   

17 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

So hopefully that DC replacement can be called and in town tomorrow with the bowl game in 2 weeks

I wish. Whatever defense a new coach could scrape together in 2 weeks, couldn't be worse then what we have watched for most of the season.

Just now, Side Show Joe said:

I wish. Whatever defense a new coach could scrape together in 2 weeks, couldn't be worse then what we have watched for most of the season.

The good thing is if they did do it now.. you get 2 weeks with the players before spring ball and a chance to still hit recruits early as well.. 

3 minutes ago, TreeFiddy said:

I knew all the talk about the NOLA bowl was going to cause this.  Bad omen.  Players were probably up late reading the board.  Could tell they were tired by the way they slept walked through the first half. Thanks guys. 

Ha! The talk started days ago. Way to try and lay the blame on a segment of our fan base. I guess that why we lost to FAU during the regular season too.