***OFFICIAL UNT VS. FAU C-USA CONF CHAMP GAME THREAD***

Harry

Our mission should be to close the gap against good teams.  We can’t use “they should be ranked” as a reason we are getting our ass kicked.  This bullshit comes down to our coaches not ready for the next level.  FAU has superior coaching.  Yes they have more talent but not enough to put them this far ahead of us. “At the end of the day” Wren needs to do his job and be the bad cop at the end of the season and make the necessary changes. Yes, we may be young on defense but that doesn’t excuse one of the worst defenses in the country. Bottom line is if UNT wants to act like big program they have to fire Reff.  Most major programs would’ve already fired their DC before the season ended.  

• Lovely Take 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Side Show Joe said:

No need for the name calling. You might get this thread locked.

I and several others would just rather play elsewhere. The NO Bowl is not the only C-USA bowl tie.

Try and just worry about yourself. I, like everyone else on this board, can have an opposing opinion..

I really do hope you get your dream matchup against MWC #4/#5 ColoState.  It sounds like there are several that are pulling for it will have a sweet time in ABQ.   

However, I am hoping for more either a better team or better destination (hopefully both).  #newdenton.

Edited by TreeFiddy
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

Your comment is stupider. You're acting like you know for a fact we gave up a matchup vs a P5. 

anyways, beating a 6-6 ACC team isn't going to change the course of our program. No matter how much you yell and stomp your feet. 

Never once did I suggest that we dismissed a P5 match up.  Apparently you don’t see a difference in G5 programs so I am assuming that you believe scheduling and conference alignment at the G5 level are meaningless.  I am not stomping my feet.  No single game change the course of a program, big games at best or worse stepping stones and stumbling blocks in programs growth.  I don’t get your point of pissing on people who aspire for this program to make every possible move to important its prominence.  If you play a team people know* (regardless of their record) and win it matters more to fans and recruits than beating a team they don’t know.  Very tired of this old Denton mentality.  Supporting the program doesn’t mean you can urge them to make better decisions even when it come to “small” things.  Not wanting the best for this program even if the difference between the options are relatively small is a loser mentality.   Bowl scheduling to me is no difference than scheduling an out of Conference home game home to bump attendance.  If you want the biggest crowd possible in a winniable game you schedule a known program that has a positive reputation.  No Sun Belt team fits that description and that is why only South Alabama from the Sun Belt is on our out of Conference schedule.  That isn’t till 2024.  Also if we get the opportunity and the program is rolling I am sure we would jump at the opportunity to replace them on our schedule with Hawaii, Houston, San Diego State, BYU or anyone of a dozen middling P5 teams.  

• Lovely Take 1

5 minutes ago, NTAlum97 said:

Our mission should be to close the gap against good teams.  We can’t use “they should be ranked” as a reason we are getting our ass kicked.  This bullshit comes down to our coaches not ready for the next level.  FAU has superior coaching.  Yes they have more talent but not enough to put them this far ahead of us. “At the end of the day” Wren needs to do his job and be the bad cop at the end of the season and make the necessary changes. Yes, we may be young on defense but that doesn’t excuse one of the worst defenses in the country. Bottom line is if UNT wants to act like big program they have to fire Reff.  Most major programs would’ve already fired their DC before the season ended.  

Who are you?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, TreeFiddy said:

I really do hope you get your dream matchup against MWC #4/#5 ColoState.  It sounds like there are several that are pulling for it will have a sweet time in ABQ.   

However, I am hoping for more either a better team or better destination (hopefully both).  #newdenton.

We all are. But if it comes down to NO or NM I think more of you will have fun in NO without me than in NM even though I'd love to meet up for the game. I have a short drive, a place to stay, and might make a few extra bucks on art and comedy while I'm there so it would be a great trip for me to NM but I honestly think it's better for most fans to be able to make it to NO. Hopefully we will get some bowl trades and have a better option than either though.