***OFFICIAL UNT VS. FAU C-USA CONF CHAMP GAME THREAD***

Harry

11 minutes ago, Side Show Joe said:

Nope. Not if we go to the NO Bowl.

Then you're just dumb. There's no guarantee of a P5 in any bowl tie-in our conference is a part of and we're not entitled shit anyway.

new orleans is happening. It's the best opportunity to celebrate one of the few truly accomplished and successful seasons in 100+ years of football at your effing alma mater

It's the only accessible destination bowl in a city worth a damn. 

Try and actually enjoy life rather than worrying about perception or "what's next". 

This was posted during halftime FROM THE GD GAME. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

It really does destroy it.. the season of possible destiny people said and losing to FAU (in a beatdown) and a SBC is a huge let down, dear I say similar similar to the UTSA undefeated season.. 

It certainly diminishes it, but we still have 9 wins. By the way, I'm with you in sharing much disdain for the NO Bowl. 9 wins still means something. Just not to a respectable bowl.

1 minute ago, Side Show Joe said:

It certainly diminishes it, but we still have 9 wins. By the way, I'm with you in sharing much disdain for the NO Bowl. 9 wins still means something. Just not to a respectable bowl.

Losing both the games and one in this fashion, you kill everything. fans that were on the fence that were moving towards being committed see these and see a choke job or a team that got lucky

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

Then you're just dumb. There's no guarantee of a P5 in any bowl tie-in our conference is a part of and we're not entitled shit anyway.

new orleans is happening. It's the best opportunity to celebrate one of the few truly accomplished and successful seasons in 100+ years of football at your effing alma mater

It's the only accessible destination bowl in a city worth a damn. 

Try and actually enjoy life rather than worrying about perception or "what's next". 

This was posted during halftime FROM THE GD GAME. 

No need for the name calling. You might get this thread locked.

I and several others would just rather play elsewhere. The NO Bowl is not the only C-USA bowl tie.

Try and just worry about yourself. I, like everyone else on this board, can have an opposing opinion..

Just now, Harry said:

34-0 FAU.  At this point need to hope Kiffin shows mercy.  Very disappointing performance on a national stage.

I hope he doesn't and we just figure it out. I think it's more embarrassing to have to have the other team call off the dogs in a dang conference championship game.

THIS IS A CONFERENCE OPPONENT!!11!1!

Just now, BillySee58 said:

I hope he doesn't and we just figure it out. I think it's more embarrassing to have to have the other team call off the dogs in a dang conference championship game.

At this point they’re just putting it on to attract top-25 votes. Don’t blame them at all. You play to score and if the other team can’t stop you, so be it 

• Lovely Take 1

2 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Crootin matters. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bleedgreen4ever said:

Whoever says FAU is just much better than us doesn't understand football. They don't have a sizable advantage in athleticism, they're just way more disciplined and passionate about the game. Very disappointing we are playing this way. Not to mention being out-coached.

I think pretty much everyone who posts on this board and/or spends time posting here at the same time they are watching games, knows football.  They also know bigger, faster, stronger athletes when they see them and FAU has them in spades compared to us.  Unless, of course, you are saying that FAU simply has better *football* players, but I thought Texas had the best football players in the country.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, Andrew said:

You need to give it up. Based on this game the perception by the casual fan will be surprised just to get into a bowl game. 

No. Obviously we are not the best team in C-USA, but we are still 2nd, and should have a better bowl the the New Orleans Bowl.

• Lovely Take 1

3 minutes ago, Side Show Joe said:

No need for the name calling. You might get this thread locked.

I and several others would just rather play elsewhere. The NO Bowl is not the only C-USA bowl tie.

Try and just worry about yourself. I, like everyone else on this board, can have an opposing opinion..

I don't see where I called you a name.

just dumb

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, ForneyGreen said:

Dear Coach Kiffin - please call off the dogs early and don't make this thing end 70 - 10.   Thanks for your consideration.

Hate games like this where we look so small and so slow.

I think they score 1 more time and put in the 2nd string. Or rack up points for ranking purposes but risk an injury before the bowl. Kiffen is good but reckless so I assume the latter.

• Lovely Take 1