Conference Championship Biggest Game

GrandGreen

Is the CCG the biggest game ever played by the Mean Green?  I  think it just might be.  Bigger than any bowl games.  I think it is, there are 10 conference champions vs 20 bowl games winners.   Plus NT was completely embarrassed by FAU in the regular season. 

NT has played other games for conference championship such as against New Mexico State in the Belt, Memphis and Tulsa in the MVC, etc.  However, never has appeared in a post season conference championship game. 

Bowl games now days are for any average team.  Conference champions are a lot more exclusive.  None of the NOB or HOD bowls, NT has played or this year's bowl IMO are any more important than the FAU game. 

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 2
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

Is the CCG the biggest game ever played by the Mean Green?  I  think it just might be.  Bigger than any bowl games.  I think it is, there are 10 conference champions vs 20 bowl games winners.   Plus NT was completely embarrassed by FAU in the regular season. 

NT has played other games for conference championship such as against New Mexico State in the Belt, Memphis and Tulsa in the MVC, etc.  However, never has appeared in a post season conference championship game. 

Bowl games now days are for any average team.  Conference champions are a lot more exclusive.  None of the NOB or HOD bowls, NT has played or this year's bowl IMO are any more important than the FAU game. 

This is certainly the biggest game in my 20 years of following the program. Such a huge opportunity for us. I’m irrationally excited about getting on a flight tomorrow morning to go witness history.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Green Lantern said:

This is certainly the biggest game in my 20 years of following the program. Such a huge opportunity for us. I’m irrationally excited about getting on a flight tomorrow morning to go witness history.

I've considered going to the airport tomorrow and just getting on any flight whatsoever to south Florida. Thought about it a ton actually. 

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

3 minutes ago, Prettylittleeagle said:

How can we help peer pressure you into doing this? If I didn't have a wedding to attend I'd be right there with ya.

I don't fly. I mean I do if I have to, but I prefer not to. Therefore, it gets me out of doing holiday things, etc. with my in-laws that live in California quite frequently, like this past Thanksgiving. I stayed, my wife went. If I packed up and flew off to a football game then I would have some 'splainin to do to my much better half. This is my one and only hurdle. 

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Ben Gooding said:

I don't fly. I mean I do if I have to, but I prefer not to. Therefore, it gets me out of doing holiday things, etc. with my in-laws that live in California quite frequently, like this past Thanksgiving. I stayed, my wife went. If I packed up and flew off to a football game then I would have some 'splainin to do to my much better half. This is my one and only hurdle. 

Drink a little too much the night before, blame it on the alcohol. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

Please explain.

Yes, this is the biggest game ever. The winner will be at 10 wins after beating either a team on an 8-game win streak, or one that has won 8 of 9. Conference Champ will have the only shot left at 11 wins and the Top-25.

There are more eyes on this game because of Kiffin. I guarantee it's more eyes than will be on whatever bowl NT plays in. This will do more for the program than anything else for at least the next year.

I'll be there, because I want to witness this turning point in person. I want redemption. I'm positive the Mean Green are going to win this game.

Sadly, however, there is more talk about aerophobia, bowl games and Denton hashtags. So, maybe it isn't. It's a shame everyone isn't noticing the importance of December 2nd.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1