I knew this could potentially happen...

Harry

Morris is getting serious looks at Tennessee...  if he leaves it would not shock me to see them go after Seth. 

UNT (9-3): Too high for Seth Littrell? Maybe if you aren’t paying attention. Littrell will be on a lot of short lists this time next year, just watch. In year one at a moribund program he got the Mean Green to a bowl game. In year two he has them playing for a conference title. An off-shoot of the Mike Leach coaching tree, Littrell had success at Kansas (no, seriously, Kansas used to be respectable), Tech, Arizona, and UNC before heading to Denton. With an athletic department firmly in his corner and plenty of untapped resources, he has North Texas heading in the right direction in a hurry. I would absolutely take him over the guys below, I mean, he has UNT primed for a ten win season just two years after going 1-11. Though Scott Frost gets all the love, and deservedly so, what Littrell has done is almost as impressive. It will be interesting to see what happens next for Littrell... if Morris ends up at A&M, he would be a perfect fit at SMU.

read more:  https://www.frogsowar.com/2017/11/28/16708290/state-of-texas-power-rankings-which-coach-would-you-want-the-most-edition

5 minutes ago, Harry said:

Morris is getting serious looks at Tennessee...  if he leaves it would not shock me to see them go after Seth. 

UNT (9-3): Too high for Seth Littrell? Maybe if you aren’t paying attention. Littrell will be on a lot of short lists this time next year, just watch. In year one at a moribund program he got the Mean Green to a bowl game. In year two he has them playing for a conference title. An off-shoot of the Mike Leach coaching tree, Littrell had success at Kansas (no, seriously, Kansas used to be respectable), Tech, Arizona, and UNC before heading to Denton. With an athletic department firmly in his corner and plenty of untapped resources, he has North Texas heading in the right direction in a hurry. I would absolutely take him over the guys below, I mean, he has UNT primed for a ten win season just two years after going 1-11. Though Scott Frost gets all the love, and deservedly so, what Littrell has done is almost as impressive. It will be interesting to see what happens next for Littrell... if Morris ends up at A&M, he would be a perfect fit at SMU.

read more:  https://www.frogsowar.com/2017/11/28/16708290/state-of-texas-power-rankings-which-coach-would-you-want-the-most-edition

Never leave UNT for SMU.  Book it. 

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

Don't get me wrong, I do think SMU would have really good money to wave at Littrell. But If he is looking to go to a real P5 job, then that move would definitely delay that, as programs wouldn't really learn much from him having another good year at SMU, they now want prove he can recruit and build. That latter part is not possible to do in one year if he switches. He has another year like this one next season, and he'll be one of the three hottest up and coming coaches next year.

I was originally thinking that UNT has a 50% chance of losing SL this season. But with the moves happening on the coaching carrousel so far this season I feel it is right now down to maybe 15%. Sumlin still is likely to land somewhere. Morris seems likely to get picked up before SL too. SL isn't a candidate at Tennessee, I doubt Arizona State looks at him, and it looks like A&M likely will have several options they may think more intruiging even if they fail to get Fisher (whom i think they will get). That leaves Arkansas as the only option I see that could be interested, but I think they have options they like better too.

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1

Good article with plenty of tamu bashing.

David Bailiff was fired at the conclusion of Rice’s one win season, and that seems almost unfair. Bailiff had led the Owls for 11 years, winning ten games twice (something A&M hasn’t been able to do in that time span!) and making four bowl games - the last being in 2014

• Lovely Take 1

LET'S GET REAL HERE...(a mini-manifesto of sorts).

We've had our low attendance moments for sure, but SMU's attendance problems makes us look like we're on the cusp of solving ours. (As a fan of Texas intercollegiate football, I wish we were all selling out our various stadia).

SL?  Let's have a Top 40 recruiting class or 2 or 3 plus a few annual finishes close to (as in votes?) or end of season finishes inside the Top 25 before we worry that we're losing the 2'nd Coming (of Another Oklahoman)--DKR?  

➡️ I think if he stayed,  SL can do all the aforementioned mentioned above & to a much more appreciative fan base with thousands & thousands of more fans than he'd have at SMU. SMU has all but bottomed out in the area of attendance.  We know how they must feel..

Also, our  present level of P5 competition against some schools I (honestly) never heard of the day we beat Tennessee in 1975 will be looked at.  Some out there looking for a HFC may look at UNT the way they may be looking at FAU as in--"do we have a One Hit Wonder thing going on here?"

STILL KEEP'N IT REAL...Look how (understandably) excited we all get after one above .500 season & how many of those have we had the last 20 years?  (We have had plenty of 2 giant steps forward--4 giant steps backward moments since I graduated in 1976, though). Those times in our history need to become a thing of our OldDenton past.

DON'T KID YOURSELVES➡️NCAA COACHES DO LIKE TO WALK SIDELINES BEFORE SOLD OUT STADIUMS .....If AD Baker can find the magic formula to get our most impressive traveling HOD bowl fan base up to Apogee we'd have a sold out on-campus football stadium on a regular basis like, uh,  over night? PROBLEM SOLVED! 👍👍

GMG!

PS:  I think expanded lanes on the new Super-I-35 from Dallas to Denton will also be part of that formula for many of our fans; and to an extent from Fort Worth to Alliance to Denton on I-35W.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Thanks 1

I have a wonderful wife that has been great for me from day one.  but if there’s constant talk from her, and others, that she may leave me for another man then it’s time for her to go. I know I have a lot to offer someone else who could please me just as much. Will it be inconvenient for me for a while? Yes, but I’m not going to stress over it and move on. My finances are better today than they have ever been. I have also been great for her. I hope she finds happiness. I’m still an attractive guy that can, in time,  win over another gal that can provide me with everything I look for. 

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

Somebody please explain to me why Chad Morris keeps popping up as such a hot commodity for these big time P5 coaching jobs.  

Let's discount his 2-10 first year campaign.  He's since 12-12 (5-7, 7-5) at SMU.  Hardly lighting the world on fire, and don't even for a second think about giving me the line that he's creating mediocrity out of a down and out program with no resources.  

I seriously don't understand it.  At all. 

Edited by oldguystudent
  • Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

Somebody please explain to me why Chad Morris keeps popping up as such a hot commodity for these big time P5 coaching jobs.  

Let's discount his 2-10 first year campaign.  He's since 12-12 (5-7, 7-5) at SMU.  Hardly lighting the world on fire, and don't even for a second think about giving me the line that he's creating mediocrity out of a down and out program with not resources.  

Agree.  The argument I have heard is how bad SMU was when he got there and how tough the AAC is yada yada.  Hey look they kicked our butt so I give the guy props but has he been a game changer at SMU? No.

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

Agree.  The argument I have heard is how bad SMU was when he got there and how tough the AAC is yada yada.  Hey look they kicked our butt so I give the guy props but has he been a game changer at SMU? No.

If kicking our butts made you a head coaching candidate for Tennessee, then pretty much everybody in the Sun Belt and CUSA for the past ten years would be coaching then entire SEC. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

Let's discount his 2-10 first year campaign.  He's since 12-12 (5-7, 7-5) at SMU.  Hardly lighting the world on fire, and don't even for a second think about giving me the line that he's creating mediocrity out of a down and out program with no resources.  

If you look at the competition for P5 jobs its G5 head coaches and P5 coordinators. Morris has been successful at both! He is a good coach and a very good RECRUITER!

With the talent RETURNING on offense Seth could be in a very strong position after next year for a P5.

SMU should go after  Graham.