Kansas State vs. North Texas HOD being projected by SI

Harry

IMHO we need to coalesce another mega-crowd of Mean Green fans locally at the HOD hoping there will be a very nice ❇️colorful❇️ flyer of a pic of Apogee Stadium & info on how each  fan who brings a HOD ticket stub or the flyer (or whatever) can get 50% off a "Family Plan For 4" with all its food & drink percs for our 2018 home opener or any variation of this or....anything that gets them up to Denton & the Wing Zone. 

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Prettylittleeagle said:

I pose a question to all, if some how Troy ends up ranked after beating ark state this weekend, Troy did receive votes this week, I think its a bit of a stretch, but hear me out. If Troy is ranked, does that change our view of going to the NO bowl? It doesn't really change mine because I can't make it due to having to attend a NUTSAK graduation, I'LL BE IN MY MEAN GREEN GEAR LET ME TELL YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! However, if they are ranked I don't think a loss would look as bad as it would if they were unranked and a win over a top 25 team(yes, it's still Troy) would be a great success for our program. 

Thoughts?

I speculate people are putting too much weight on the impact of this single game in the grand scheme of things.

How much did Cinci's loss to us in 2002 impact the trajectory of their program? Did Memphis or Colorado State make an instant, long-term leap in the eyes of the national media because of their wins over us in the NO Bowls? I'd be willing to listen to arguments but, for now, I don't see it.

If we're talking about the long-term perception of our program, unless it's a playoff appearance, one single bowl game is a celebration of the bigger picture: a 9+ win season.  Keep getting those 9 wins, and the respect and exposure will come.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, greenminer said:

I speculate people are putting too much weight on the impact of this single game in the grand scheme of things.

How much did Cinci's loss to us in 2002 impact the trajectory of their program? Did Memphis or Colorado State make an instant, long-term leap in the eyes of the national media because of their wins over us in the NO Bowls? I'd be willing to listen to arguments but, for now, I don't see it.

If we're talking about the long-term perception of our program, unless it's a playoff appearance, one single bowl game is a celebration of the bigger picture: a 9+ win season.  Keep getting those 9 wins, and the respect and exposure will come.

The Cincy loss to us is an apt comparison.  They were the C-USA champs that year, right?  Even though TCU had the better record.   The next year, it appears they only won 5 games... so, I dunno?

The other citations are tertiary, since the C-USA school did what they were supposed to do to the 'inferior' SBC team in those games.

My preference would be as follows:

1. Independence Bowl: bowl has great history and is close enough for many to drive to.

2. HOD: We always have a great fan turnout.  Another chance to build the fan base.

3. New Mexico: Interesting matchup with a possible MWC team

4. NOLA: New Orleans used to be fun, but I had a poor experience there a couple of years ago because of the people on Bourbon.  As I mentioned earlier, they are all out to scam the tourists, or that is what it appears.  That is too bad, because it is a fun city.  My other negative is I really don't care to play any of the Sun Belt teams.

• Thanks 3

My biggest gripe with the playing Sun Belt teams is that we could get almost any one of them to Apogee in an out of Conference game especially if we agree for it to be a home and home series.  Now that bowls don’t mean as much as they once did because there are so many of them and there is a playoff, it all about match ups, practice time and payouts.  And as a fan the only tangible thing I can enjoy is the match up.   I have seen North Texas vs Troy 3 or 4 times already.  We did not really establish a rivalry so this is a stale match up.  If we had not played Army just a week ago, I would much rather play them again and see it in person again than to watch Troy vs North again on TV.

• Upvote 1

Pick a P5 school in the southeast/southwest that barely made Bowl eligibility and they’ll be glad to play NT in any Bowl. Hell, look for schools that have been historically bad that are on a Bowl drought. Their fans will come. 

Edited by Got5onIt