Boca Raton Roll Call

Green Lantern

5 hours ago, FAU Connoisseur said:

Is your band coming?

honest question...is there anyway that FAU alum and students actually mobilize and show up in strong numbers for this game? I'd love to be traveling for a game with some atmosphere. 

1 hour ago, Censored by Laurie said:

honest question...is there anyway that FAU alum and students actually mobilize and show up in strong numbers for this game? I'd love to be traveling for a game with some atmosphere. 

But aren't you kind of good luck at sparsely attended and highly random conference championship games far from Texas? Don't mess with a proven recipe for success. 

I'm so envious of the MG faithful going. I looked into those Spirit airlines round-trip Saturday flight, but I don't think it's meant to be. I feel like I brought great luck to the MG when I attended the LaTech game but I think they'll have to do this one without me. I wonder if the Muenster crew supporting Fuschle will be there????? 

4 hours ago, Quoner said:

But aren't you kind of good luck at sparsely attended and highly random conference championship games far from Texas? Don't mess with a proven recipe for success. 

If you're referencing my award winning journalism for TY sports (may she rest in peace) from Mobile...then no...UNT was one and done to eventual sweet 16 participant Western Kentucky

2 hours ago, greensleeves said:

I'm so envious of the MG faithful going. I looked into those Spirit airlines round-trip Saturday flight, but I don't think it's meant to be. I feel like I brought great luck to the MG when I attended the LaTech game but I think they'll have to do this one without me. I wonder if the Muenster crew supporting Fuschle will be there????? 

We have 9 going. We are going to try to sound like 900...lol!

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 2

28 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

If you're referencing my award winning journalism for TY sports (may she rest in peace) from Mobile...then no...UNT was one and done to eventual sweet 16 participant Western Kentucky

I could have sworn you went to the first JJ title, but that was a different time when this board allowed me to have a dissenting opinion and violent censorship didn't constantly threaten my loved ones. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Quoner said:

I could have sworn you went to the first JJ title, but that was a different time when this board allowed me to have a dissenting opinion and violent censorship didn't constantly threaten my loved ones. 

nah...I was at the tourney game (eff you, Michael Sturns) but watched the conference final from some bar in Dallas with my old college roommate...then decided that I needed to be in Denton and I believe ended up drunk with the late @UNT_92_Fan (may she rest in peace)

9 hours ago, Censored by Laurie said:

There will be a good crowd there.  If you are not familiar with the stadium, on the home side their is a premium section called the Hyundai Deck.  From the 40 to the 40 there are high tops and standing room with Tiki bar.  Many (most people) do not sit in there seats they stand their and have a big cocktail party.  100 section is filled, but the 200 seats are sold but not utilized.  

21 hours ago, FAU Connoisseur said:

I was going to post something for you to meet up and tailgate with us if you like.  We park in the Red Lot (1 of the 2 lots you need a parking pass to).  Its basically diagonally across the street (Southeast) of the stadium.  We are on the east side of the red lot set up on the grass on the south end.  Space 159.  The lot east of the red lot is the silver lot.  The silver lot is a cash lot for the game.  Close walk to where we are.  You actually enter the silver lot the same way you enter the red lot.

If you enter the east entrance (it is 1 of the 2 entrances with a stop light and FAU signage) to the campus off of Glades Road you will be able to take the road all way around right up to the stadium to get into the silver lot.  We probably will be there about 9 a.m.  We have a white Publix tailgater of game tent.  All are welcome, come on by.

Look forward to seeing you Saturday. 

Awesome! Getting ready to board my flight. We’ll look forward to meeting you and your crew Saturday morning.

• Lovely Take 1

9 hours ago, FAU Connoisseur said:

There will be a good crowd there.  If you are not familiar with the stadium, on the home side their is a premium section called the Hyundai Deck.  From the 40 to the 40 there are high tops and standing room with Tiki bar.  Many (most people) do not sit in there seats they stand their and have a big cocktail party.  100 section is filled, but the 200 seats are sold but not utilized.  

So when @Green Lantern and I meet you for tailgating and you're just absolutely devastated by our looks, suave and charm...can we count on you to get us into this premium tiki bar?

Also..after a frantic cross-town Austin morning rush hour drive to recover a forgotten ID, I'm about to board. Don't see any green in wait...any ATXers heading out this morning? (If so, save me an aisle seat....I'm a bit further down the Southwest boarding queue than I'd prefer)

16 hours ago, 4MYMGE said:

We have 9 going. We are going to try to sound like 900...lol!

Still more than FAU can stir up.  I did hear that FAU was handing out free buffet coupons to the local Luby's to entice the more "mature" citizens of Florida to stop by.  This is why the game is early, so they can get to Luby's by 4:00pm.  Creative marketing at its finest.

• Downvote 2

2 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Still more than FAU can stir up.  I did hear that FAU was handing out free buffet coupons to the local Luby's to entice the more "mature" citizens of Florida to stop by.  This is why the game is early, so they can get to Luby's by 4:00pm.  Creative marketing at its finest.

😂😂😂hilarious...just like the score is going to be.  In all seriousness, don’t waste your money.  Save it for the Pullen Weed Eater Bowl in Nowhereville, AR.

• Sad 2

50 minutes ago, Dusky said:

😂😂😂hilarious...just like the score is going to be.  In all seriousness, don’t waste your money.  Save it for the Pullen Weed Eater Bowl in Nowhereville, AR.

First game got out of hand real quick, and we never recovered.  I have a feeling there will be some pretty disappointed FAU fans come 2 pm or so tomorrow afternoon.   It will be pretty cool celebrating a conference championship on your turf though. 👀🐸☕️

• Lovely Take 1