Boca Raton Roll Call

Green Lantern

1 hour ago, Green Lantern said:

@FAU Connoisseur Any recommendations on local restaurants/bars/must see locations?  @Censored by Laurie and I are staying in Pompano Beach but will have a rental car, so getting up to Boca isn't an issue. Is there good cash game day parking available at the stadium?

All the parking will be cash parking except for the reserved spots so that won’t be an issue.

Depends what you are looking for.  I travel quite a bit and the food in a Boca is only topped by NY City and Chicago in my opinion but nothing that good is cheap.

There is a fun and bit touristy area at the South end of Boca on the beach at the Deerfield pier, restaurants and a few bars etc.  A bit more upscale with bars, restaurants and shopping are Royal Palm Plaza and Mizner Park which are on Federal Hwy (not really a highway) in downtown Boca.  All of this is only 10 mins. from the stadium.  Our main attraction is obviously the beach and the ocean, great fishing if you like to fish.  Any specific questions just ask and connoisseur and I can respond.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

In October, we paid cash($15) to park in Lot 10.  Off of 808,  we turned left onto 10th/W University.  At the intersection of Volusia St, we turned left towards Lot 12.  At the end of the street the attendants told to drive forward and around the buildings that were on the right, which put us in Lot 10.  It is a little bit of a walk to the stadium, but it was the first cash lot that we were directed toward.

2 hours ago, Dusky said:

All the parking will be cash parking except for the reserved spots so that won’t be an issue.

Depends what you are looking for.  I travel quite a bit and the food in a Boca is only topped by NY City and Chicago in my opinion but nothing that good is cheap.

There is a fun and bit touristy area at the South end of Boca on the beach at the Deerfield pier, restaurants and a few bars etc.  A bit more upscale with bars, restaurants and shopping are Royal Palm Plaza and Mizner Park which are on Federal Hwy (not really a highway) in downtown Boca.  All of this is only 10 mins. from the stadium.  Our main attraction is obviously the beach and the ocean, great fishing if you like to fish.  Any specific questions just ask and connoisseur and I can respond.

Great!  Thanks for the feedback.  Looking forward to the trip.

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 2:19 PM, 4MYMGE said:

In October, we paid cash($15) to park in Lot 10.  Off of 808,  we turned left onto 10th/W University.  At the intersection of Volusia St, we turned left towards Lot 12.  At the end of the street the attendants told to drive forward and around the buildings that were on the right, which put us in Lot 10.  It is a little bit of a walk to the stadium, but it was the first cash lot that we were directed toward.

Other than 2 lots all lots will be cash and first come first serve, if you get there early you should be able to be closer to the stadium.

5 minutes ago, Green Lantern said:

Where do you setup for pre game in the parking lot?@Censored by Laurie and I want to stop by and say hello.

basically anywhere there are good bloody mary's made by women with questionable morals...I'll be there.

• Lovely Take 1

2 minutes ago, Green Lantern said:

Where do you setup for pre game in the parking lot?@Censored by Laurie and I want to stop by and say hello.

I was going to post something for you to meet up and tailgate with us if you like.  We park in the Red Lot (1 of the 2 lots you need a parking pass to).  Its basically diagonally across the street (Southeast) of the stadium.  We are on the east side of the red lot set up on the grass on the south end.  Space 159.  The lot east of the red lot is the silver lot.  The silver lot is a cash lot for the game.  Close walk to where we are.  You actually enter the silver lot the same way you enter the red lot.

If you enter the east entrance (it is 1 of the 2 entrances with a stop light and FAU signage) to the campus off of Glades Road you will be able to take the road all way around right up to the stadium to get into the silver lot.  We probably will be there about 9 a.m.  We have a white Publix tailgater of game tent.  All are welcome, come on by.

Look forward to seeing you Saturday.