OPINION: Projected 1st Team All Conference Picks from CUSA Board

Coach Bill Lewis

• Harry featured this topic
3 minutes ago, NorthTexan95 said:

I don't think Wilson should be first team.  There's too many other good backs in this league.

IMO, only Ito Smith has an argument against him (Singletary is obvious)... and Smith only has just over 100 more yds on ~50 more carries than Jeffrey.   Jeffrey has 3 more TD's than Smith in less work too.

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 2

7 minutes ago, Harry said:

It's truly shocking how few players we have on this list given our overall program success.  I think we had more in 2013 as I recall.

Football is about the QB.  CFB even more so.  You get a 1st team QB and you over come a lot of deficiencies.  

Fine is the difference between nine wins rights now and four.  

Just now, MeanGreenTexan said:

Behind some deserving dudes.   Jaylen had 3 MONSTER games, but was otherwise kind-of pedestrian this year.

True. Once teams started putting deep help on him he was fairly limited. Not saying he's a one trick pony, but he was just blowing past man coverage early on before teams started to double him

2 hours ago, Harry said:

Was hoping we would have a receiver on there like Guyton or Bussey but overall I agree a pretty accurate listing.

Would think the rotating of WRs so often hurt them and Fine spreading the ball around as much as he did. 

Also, Guyton only had 47 catches good for #2 on the team, with Lawerence being #1 with 50.. Also, no WR cracked the 800 yard barrier which is odd, because I thought he was close to it with us having a 3000 yard passer, 1000 yard rusher, 1000 WR discussions around the UTSA/LT games...

http://www.meangreensports.com/sports/m-footbl/stats/2017-2018/teamcume.html

12 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Would think the rotating of WRs so often hurt them and Fine spreading the ball around as much as he did. 

Also, Guyton only had 47 catches good for #2 on the team, with Lawerence being #1 with 50.. Also, no WR cracked the 800 yard barrier which is odd, because I thought he was close to it with us having a 3000 yard passer, 1000 yard rusher, 1000 WR discussions around the UTSA/LT games...

http://www.meangreensports.com/sports/m-footbl/stats/2017-2018/teamcume.html

Not odd at all. Fine is doing his job and throwing to the open guy, no matter who it is. That's the beauty of the Air Raid, until you get a guy like Crabtree, in which he was open even when he wasn't open. If a guy is open, they're getting the ball

• Lovely Take 2

1 minute ago, MGNation92 said:

Not odd at all. Fine is doing his job and throwing to the open guy, no matter who it is. That's the beauty of the Air Raid, until you get a guy like Crabtree, in which he was open even when he wasn't open. If a guy is open, they're getting the ball

It's odd because we had discussions about the last time we had a 3k/1k/1k trio and how close it was happening, and then Guyton finishes over 200 yards away from it.. 

Moore will be a conference legend.

5 years from now, after the dissolution of FBS football as we know it, Moore will still be upping his XP streak.

In 100 years, someone will discover a leather bound book detailing his records.  It will include a line-sketched map of the Apogee Underground and a list of favorite places Moore likes to drink high-dollar tequila.  Rumor has it that list includes the corner chair upstairs in Andy's bar, all the locations at Fouts Field where Joe Greene recorded a sack, and Odin's master bath.

I have a source inside the NCAA that says they are considering a Mean Green-specific rule that requires him to kick barefoot and only affords 2 points on Moore's converted FGs.

Moore will likely be able to transfer wherever he wants and play immediately.  He will grant the NCAA a medical hardship waiver.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1