2017 Coaching Carousel

Coach Bill Lewis

1 hour ago, Mike Jackson said:

The big for Mean Green fans is; are we going to lose any of our position coaches due to all this movement?   I think our top Cooridinators are not going anywhere unless the defense lays 2 stinkers in the next 2 games.  Also this could be an opportunity to make some coaching staff upgrades.  Getting Assistants from those in limbo SEC staffs could be a major coup especially defensive minds with Texas recruiting ties.  Nebraska also may have some assistants worth considering too.

I think that SL is at the point where he is definitely an attractive destination for quality guys trying to move (back) up. Losing one or two coaches could be a blessing in disguise. Should be less than last season though. However I think UNT is gonna get raided again this season, the results are just too attractive right now. I do hope we can keep the O-line coach though, as that unit finally really needs some time with the same man to gel.

1 hour ago, brooks91 said:

I'm gonna guess that Wren Baker is re-doing Littrell's contract. And in it, a hefty raise for he and his assistants. And also a hefty payment to UNT from any school that hires him a way. UCF gets $3 million for Scott Frost. What figure can we put on Littrell? At least that if not more. Littrell will be the hot name next year and especially the year after. Would be nice to use this to our advantage...get a little kick in on our next coaching hire. 

Edited by TheColonyEagle

16 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

I'm gonna guess that Wren Baker is re-doing Littrell's contract. And in it, a hefty raise for he and his assistants. And also a hefty payment to UNT from any school that hires him a way. UCF gets $3 million for Scott Frost. What figure can we put on Littrell? At least that if not more. Littrell will be the hot name next year and especially the year after. Would be nice to use this to our advantage...get a little kick in on our next coaching hire. 

I really wish/hope WB can figure out a way to do what Iowa State did with the HC they have.. If someone hires him away, the school that hires him owes the entire amount remaining on his contract... 

My thing would be give SL one of the top G5 salaries, make his buyout a larger % of the contract (or the entire contract) with his buyout if fired a small %..

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 3

Dear nUTSAck,

This is what is known as a down year for you.  It possibly is the most critical time to find a way to support your team rather than quit on it.  Hopefully there are fewer of these down years than the opposite up years..  But in your case....probably not.

Have a Happy Holliday this bowl season.

Yours truly,  College Football.

• Haha 3

Looks like they are stealing my other alma maters coach - Jimbo Fischer. The TAMU regents have called a Thursday afternoon call to discuss the new coach. 

Sources w/knowledge of TAMU search process tell me Jimbo-Fisher has a deal to be next Head Coach @AggieFootball .Fisher will coach 1 final game at FSU but not Bowl game should they become eligible. I'm told his TAMU contract will be at least 5 yrs/7.5 million per year. @KPRC2

• Upvote 1

Initial reaction:  They're paying $7.5 million a year for a coach who had a worse record this year than the one they fired????

Next reaction: This was a done deal before they let Sumlin go.

Final reaction: Why would you leave Fla.St. to go to eaTme? (other than the obvious 7.5 million reasons)

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, NT93 said:

Initial reaction:  They're paying $7.5 million a year for a coach who had a worse record this year than the one they fired????

Final reaction: Why would you leave Fla.St. to go to eaTme? (other than the obvious 7.5 million reasons)

SEC > ACC? I'm just guessing

On 11/26/2017 at 10:28 PM, All About UNT said:

UTSA is 6-5 and 3-5 in the league. When they are choosing teams to go bowling, I have to think they pick Tech at 6-6, 4-4 right? UTSA _may_ not go bowling. That would be incredible after some UTSA fans talking so much mess about our 5-win bowl attendance.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, NT93 said:

Miami off probation has a big impact on FSU recruiting. You look at FSU and Louisville boomed during that probation.

11 hours ago, bdan2002 said:

Looks like they are stealing my other alma maters coach - Jimbo Fischer. The TAMU regents have called a Thursday afternoon call to discuss the new coach. 

Sources w/knowledge of TAMU search process tell me Jimbo-Fisher has a deal to be next Head Coach @AggieFootball .Fisher will coach 1 final game at FSU but not Bowl game should they become eligible. I'm told his TAMU contract will be at least 5 yrs/7.5 million per year. @KPRC2

Aggie media dude reporting, not a great source.