Rice Tickets

edcollopy

1 hour ago, edcollopy said:

I just spoke w/ the Rice ticket office.  They are having a Black Friday special starting 11/24 at 9:00am online.  The tickets are $10.  He said they will go up in price throughout the day.....although I doubt that.  Let's do our best to outdraw the Owls!

Very cool. I think me, my wife, daughter, and her boyfriend are driving from Corpus to Houston to watch the game. Do they go through Ticketmaster too?

2 hours ago, edcollopy said:

not sure if the black friday deal works with ticketmaster.  The guy told me to go through the rice athletics site.  That's how i'm going to do it.  better than paying $20 at the gate.

Best way is use UNT ticket office so we get credit for tickets sold.

• Upvote 5

10 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

Best way is use UNT ticket office so we get credit for tickets sold.

Absolutely. Got them this morning through UNT ticket office. Guarantees being seated with other Green bloods and gives documentation on how many we bring to out of town games (an important stat for the AD in the scheduling wars).

• Upvote 1

It's a 47,000 / 70,000 (take your pick) stadium, and without NT fans, they'll be lucky to have 5,000 there.  There's no worry about when to buy tickets, from whom, and where the seats are - just find the other NT fans and take a seat.  We outnumbered them last year, and I expect we will again this year - the problem of getting fans on the Saturday after Thanksgiving applies to Rice as well.

I have always just walked up to the ticket window when I get there, but I'm all for bargains!

Point taken about buying through the NT ticket office;  I didn't know they sold tickets for games at Rice.  But since the Athletic Department works with the Office of Advancement and Alumni Association on the tailgate, if you RSVP for the tailgate, they'll know you came.

Edited by Stix

So the flash sale is only for GA tickets, i.e. the upper deck only on the home side.  I guess they have the upper deck on the visitor side closed - poor condition?  I'm concerned that I wouldn't be allowed entry on the visitor side with a GA ticket.

And most of the seats in sections 110 - 113 aren't available online, like with Apogee.  I guess I'll pay $30 tomorrow at the gate.

Thanks anyway, @edcollopy!

Got a 6 month old making the trip with the wife and I anyone know what the policy is with diaper bags?  Their website says no oversized bags, briefcases, coolers, etc.  I saw on the site they do allow re-entry if you scan out as you leave.