premium grass parking

mgfan

Someone please explain premium grass parking? Why do I need to pay "across the highway" as I was told if it is cash parking? How is does that make any sense? 

If/ when our numbers at the stadium grow, I believe parking needs to be expanded and traffic flow looked at again ( it was terrible last night, WHICH I ENJOYED).

Edited by mgfan

Yeah, I was briefly miffed that it took me ten minutes from the turn on to Bonnie Brae until I got into the parking lot, but then I realized that meant that there were going to be people at this game.  But still, they've got a single lane for Black, Blue/Red, Yellow, and whatever that grass lot is.  Within that single lane are invariably numerous people who are confused and simply stop, get out of their car, look around, and try to figure out what to do next.  That ain't gonna fly long-term. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Go to Fouts Parking lot for $10.   Arrive about 1 1/2 hour before the kick-off.  You can walk over to Apogee pretty quick and its not that long a walk. Sorta' neat walking over I-35E.  Good view of Pilot Knob, too

This is the key. My brother made me late to the game because when we got there (about 45 mins before kick) Fouts was full and then they redirected us across the highway, but I was not aware of the grass lot, so we made a huge circle around Fouts to end up back where we were only to by a grass lot pass from one of the attendants at the Fouts entrance. 

By the time we made it to the grass lot, the lady directing traffic said she was just letting people park for free since the game had already started. Needless to say, I was pissed about the whole situation, but mainly at my brother for making me late.

Sorry. Bottom line, is parking logistics need to improve. *rant over*

• Lovely Take 1

2 hours ago, mgfan said:

Someone please explain premium grass parking? Why do I need to pay "across the highway" as I was told if it is cash parking? How is does that make any sense? 

If/ when our numbers at the stadium grow, I believe parking needs to be expanded and traffic flow looked at again ( it was terrible last night, WHICH I ENJOYED).

I think that's something they offer in a few states like California, Colorado, etc.