Injured players

Ibleedgreen

Hopefully we will know soon, but I don't expect anything to come out until Monday. I think Guyton will be okay. He can afford to sit for the Rice game. Wilson on the other hand, I don't think he was as fortunate. He was in a walking boot yesterday on the sideline. Hopefully it was just a precautionary measure and it is not serious.

51 minutes ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

Bussey had to come out and have his hand worked on after popping a defender in the face mask after a play.  They taped his fingers up, had him catch some practice throws on the sideline, and put him back in later.  I’m assuming his hand will be okay.  We need him continuing to contribute.  

Another reason to rest the core guys vs Rice and play the young guys who have played.. allow Smiley, Jackson, Rutherford to carry the outside WRs.. Hair-Griffin, Duron and them in the slot and Pirtle

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

43 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Another reason to rest the core guys vs Rice and play the young guys who have played.. allow Smiley, Jackson, Rutherford to carry the outside WRs.. Hair-Griffin, Duron and them in the slot and Pirtle

Would love to see Mason's Locust Grove teammate/receiver Pirtle get some playing time.  

GMG!

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Would love to see Mason's Locust Grove teammate/receiver Pirtle get some playing time.  

GMG!

I always thought Pirtle would be one of Mason's go-to guys when they arrived here, due to their years of familiarity. There is still plenty of time for that to happen.

• Lovely Take 1

1 hour ago, EagleMBA said:

I always thought Pirtle would be one of Mason's go-to guys when they arrived here, due to their years of familiarity. There is still plenty of time for that to happen.

I saw him in the first spring game when they arrived and he made some good questions and one for a TD as I recall.

4 hours ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

I say get a big lead then rest the starters. 

If we can’t get a big lead with guys like Quinn, Smith/Johnson/Tucker and then WRs like Smiley, Jackson, Darden etc.. then we have some big time depth issues.. 

if someone like Fine or another critical piece gets banged up/injured vs Rice it will be a major blow.. just like how we questioned why Fine was playing the 2nd half of FAU.. rest up and win the last 2 games.. 

Edited by BTG_Fan1

24 minutes ago, Venson said:

I think we play the starters for the 1st Quarter to get some work and then play backups. Game really doesn't mean anything other than pride. I think we need everyone as healthy as possible for CUSA Championship game. I would hate to see someone get hurt in a meaningless game.

I wouldn’t even risk it for 1 Qtr.. people say we don’t have depth, so why risk it when we got the 2 most important games of the year coming up.

21 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

yeah i understand that but let him throw a few passes in the game. 

He should get the entire Rice game to play.. Allow Fine and others to heal up and get ready for FAU, use this ricegame as a bye week and for the staff to evaluate younger guys and as a reward to the guys who have not played much this year. 

No Jeff Wilson, means Smith, Tucker, Johnson will have bigger roles.. Allow Tucker to play and get back into it and not putting him with limited reps in a Championship and Bowl game