Bowl projections post Army win

Harry

Can people quit pretending they have inside information.

CUSA’s bowl selection process is pretty transparent.  We will have a top Two selection of CUSA bowls.  Other slots might open up because the P5 isn’t going to fill all there slots.  But no one can predict how the bowls and conferences will trade bowl slots.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 4

26 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

You think they would have the been there done that vs a team like WVU potentially? I would hope they learned their lesson after FAU

The game against WVU? No. The week leading up to the game?  Yes.  But one does impact the other.  I'd prefer to go somewhere else just to avoid that potential.   

What lesson did the trip to FAU impart upon them, other than what used to be Baylor is now FAU?    It's not even comparable to a bowl trip.  Now how they deal with a rematch with FAU is a totally different conversation.

1 hour ago, shaft said:

Can people quit pretending they have inside information.

CUSA’s bowl selection process is pretty transparent.  We will have a top Two selection of CUSA bowls.  Other slots might open up because the P5 isn’t going to fill all there slots.  But no one can predict how the bowls and conferences will trade bowl slots.

I mean you can kind of predict it. Past slots, team performance, representatives attending games, conference foes that are eligible, etc. There are some variables in there that supply an equation to an educated prediction. 

I have 0 inside information. Just speculation.  

1 hour ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

I think it’s UtsA to Armed Forces, if LT wins next week then it would be LT to Armed Forces and UTSA to New Mexico. 

UTSA traveled well to New Mexico last year and I do not want them to have a bowl game in DFW because of recruiting. LT I can stomach and would like to see in the Armed Forces Bowl. I just do not want to travel West. Give me a local game in Texas or Independence 

Why? Army would crush UTSA....and that wouldn't do much for their recruiting.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Eagleisland said:

Why? Army would crush UTSA....and that wouldn't do much for their recruiting.

I think Army would win the game, but I think UTSA's defense would be able to compete with Army's offense. UTSA's front 7 is no joke. Their issue is far and away their offense. It would be an interesting matchup. 

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 2

Howdy again UNT fans.

I only make public my MAC projections, but I project the entire bowl field. Last week my MAC projections included UNT, this week they do not. With the Detroit Bowl, once again, looking like it will open up for the MAC I do not project a MAC team in the HoD Bowl.

To anyone interested, I still project UNT to the HoD Bowl most likely against a MW team probably Wyoming or possible Colorado State. Although, Arkansas State may be a possibility as well.

Good luck.

Edited by NorthCoast
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4

You have to take these projections with a grain of salt. I saw one today that put NMSU in the Cactus bowl, although they just lost their 7th game yesterday. Both ULL and La. Tech. keep getting New Orleans Bowl love, but Louisiana must win their last two games. and the Bulldogs  must beat UTSA at home for their 6th win.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

The word is that Grier will be out for "weeks" potentially including any bowl game. 

*The break will require surgery that he is having today. 

Throwing hand, middle finger...

will-grier-surgery-west-virginia.jpg?ito

Are you SURE that isn't just the WVU hand sign??

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, wardly said:

You have to take these projections with a grain of salt. I saw one today that put NMSU in the Cactus bowl, although they just lost their 7th game yesterday. Both ULL and La. Tech. keep getting New Orleans Bowl love, but Louisiana must win their last two games. and the Bulldogs  must beat UTSA at home for their 6th win.

OPPS! New Mexico State is 4&6 with 2 too play

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

With a 9 win (minimum) team will WB, SL, Matresk & BOR's have some influence with bowl officials?

I remember back in the day when Fry had a bowl worthy team when there were only about 12 bowls games how hundreds(?) of us were making calls to Astro-Bluebonnet president Tex Thornton on behalf of North Texas.  SUMG has a real funny story about his call to Thornton.  

Thornton told me he was aware back then of how we traveled impressively to UT-Austin games.  We didn't get the invite & I heard from another that Thornton finally quit taking calls & had his secretary screen calls if they were "North Texas State" fans.  "Mama (I) tried"  (Merle H)

GMG!

untitledttttttyt.png.48ca7ecaec5ec99807e9338d3a08f464.png

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

Bowl projections have gotten worse through out the day.

I’ve seen us every where from New Mexico to the Bahamas.  I’ve also seen FAU projected for New Mexico.

This isn’t journalism, it’s a cut and paste template with no understanding of what the schools involved.

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 2

22 hours ago, wardly said:

yup, I saw ESPN Projections and one of the idiots had the MUTS playing in 2 bowl games, guess ESPN does no proofreading due to time constraints after holding Alabama and Ohio State jock straps.

Edited by untbowler
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/19/2017 at 10:16 AM, Harry said:

Here’s a question though, they have UTSA at Armed Service bowl in Fort Worth.  Would we prefer New Mexico over staying closer to home so our fans can attend?  I am interested in what Dr. Smatresk, Littrell and Wren and the program as a whole would prefer.

i get the feeling they want a trip this year to a warm destination and a game they have a good shot to win.

there is 0% chance we go to the Armed Forces Bowl.

• Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Withers940 said:

I just want to go somewhere where its fairly cheap for me to travel. The Boca Raton and Bahama Bowls are for the Birds

Give me the Independence Bowl or HOD vs a big opponent 

3 hours ago, mgfan said:

Independence bowl or bust. 

https://www.si.com/college-football/2017/11/19/bowl-projections-schedule-matchups-week-12-playoff-rankings

This was posted first by Emmitt01 on another thread. I just copied and posted it here.

Has UNT facing Boston College in the Independence Bowl.

Edited by Venson
Addition

21 hours ago, shaft said:

Bowl projections have gotten worse through out the day.

I’ve seen us every where from New Mexico to the Bahamas.  I’ve also seen FAU projected for New Mexico.

This isn’t journalism, it’s a cut and paste template with no understanding of what the schools involved.

@Harry can we get the two hands amen/hallelujah icon added to the up-vote? 

Image result for amen emoji

Edited by greeneagle1
  • Upvote 1